Is the table sys_datalog in the dbispconfig database used to store cron tasks?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrCompTech, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MrCompTech

MrCompTech New Member

By cron tasks i mean if you make a change such as adding a DNS entry is this information stored in the sys_datalog table?

It would seem that tasks need to be stored somewhere until executed.

But after the task has been completed shouldn't it be removed from the sys_datalog table?

I have 302 entries in this table and they are all "pending", is this the way it is supposed to be?

When I try to run the server/sh script it says there is already one running so exiting.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The sys datalog tables stores snapshots ov every changed dataset to replicate it in a multiserver setup and to raise the events on the server side.

cron tasks are stored in the cron database table and in the system crontab.

Yes.

Thats ok.

And what is your actual problem?

3. MrCompTech

MrCompTech New Member

Actual Problem - Websites/DNS

My problem was that I added three web sites including DNS entries for all three and only 1 of the three websites was I able to browse to.

After running the server.sh script and restarting named several times over a span of about 15 minutes the two sites still came back with http 404 file not found. But the default index.html file was there.

So I deleted the DNS entries and the websites, ran server.sh, restarted named, recreated the websites and the DNS entries. Even though the DNS entries showed in the ISPConfig web console the DNS entries were not added to named.conf.local and the zone files such as /var/named/pri.mrcomptech.com were not created even after about 20 minutes.

That's when I ran the server.sh script and it gave the error that a task was already running and using "ps -A | grep -i server" I cold see that it was still running after probazbly about 15 minutes.

So I deleted the DNS entries, the three websites that i had just created, the deleted the ispconfig lock file "/usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock" then rebooted.

After the reboot I recreated the websites and DNS entries then all was fine.

Apparently, the server.sh script could not finish running, since debug was not on at the time a don't know were it stopped in it's execution.

4. MrCompTech

MrCompTech New Member

Where are the ispconfig tasks stored while waiting to be executed?

Code:
    cron tasks are stored in the cron database table and in the system crontab
    What files specifically, are used to store this information?