ISP Config 3.1.1.11 database issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Divya.p, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Divya.p

Divya.p New Member

Hello there!
    Good Day!!

ISP Config login is problematic for me; every time I try to log in to the admin panel, a data base error occurs.
    The page got stuck, therefore I can't create a new mailbox.
    It is operating on Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark), and I verified the server's apache and database status to confirm that everything is fine.
    Please find below error i get from syslog:
    dovecot: config: Warning: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line67: Global setting mail_plugins won't change the setting inside an earlier filter at /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 53 (if this is intentional, avoid this warning by moving the global setting before /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 53)
    dovecot: config: Warning: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line67: Global setting mail_plugins won't change the setting inside an earlier filter at /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 53 (if this is intentional, avoid this warning by moving the global setting before /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 53)

mail error log:
    amavis[5151]: (05151-01) (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset at (eval 109) line 252.
    amavis[5154]: (05154-01) (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset at (eval 109) line 252.
    amavis[12136]: (12136-01) (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset at (eval 109) line 252.
    amavis[14892]: (14892-01) (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset at (eval 109) line 252.

How can the problem be resolved?
    I tried and looked at numerous forums, but I never found a good solution.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Look at the apache or Nginx error log to see which error occurs when you log into ISPConfig. The syslog does not contain apache and Nginx errors.

3. Divya.p

Divya.p New Member

Hello Till,

While login ISP Config I'm getting below warning log from Apache2

[fcgid:warn] [pid 20658] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/simplepie.inc.php on line 13341.

4. till

That's not relevant, nothing else in the error.log file?

5. till

And please post the result of the command:

php --version

6. Divya.p

Divya.p New Member

# php --version
    PHP 7.1.17-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 (cli) (built: May 9 2018 17:28:01) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.1.17-0ubuntu0.17.10.1, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

# freshclam.log
    -> Trying host database.clamav.net (2606:4700::6810:da54)...
    -> nonblock_connect: connect(): fd=4 errno=101: Network is unreachable
    -> Can't connect to port 80 of host database.clamav.net (IP: 2606:4700::6810:da54)
    -> Trying host database.clamav.net (2606:4700::6810:db54)...
    -> nonblock_connect: connect(): fd=4 errno=101: Network is unreachable
    -> Can't connect to port 80 of host database.clamav.net (IP: 2606:4700::6810:db54)
    -> ERROR: Can't download main.cvd from database.clamav.net
    -> Giving up on database.clamav.net...
    -> Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf is working. Check http://www.clamav.net/doc/mirrors-faq.html for possible reasons.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm not sure ISPConfig supports 17.10 version of Ubuntu, only the LTS versions are officially supported.
    That freshclam log indicates problems with network connection. If you managed to install ISPConfig, connection to Internet was working, so maybe just temporary problem with clamav.net?
    To rule out the usual suspects, do these: https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/
    Did you examine database log for errors?

8. Divya.p

Divya.p New Member

Did you examine database log for errors?
    Yes. But there is no error log in database log

How can I fix the fail2ban-client constantly using more CPU while I'm monitoring CPU usage?

9. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should start a new thread when you switch discussion to unrelated topic.
    How do you measure how much CPU fail2ban-client uses? It should not use much. And monitoring CPU usage should not affect fail2ban.
    See fail2ban.log if there is constant heavy traffic which fail2ban examines.