ISP config on suse

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Menekis, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Menekis

Menekis New Member

Hi , I have been trought a lot of problem with installing ISPconfig.. but it finally done.. the install said that were no error in the installing process ect ect..

but now.. I was already having apache(2) and php(4) installed and ISPconfig came with another version of those and it broke up all my configuration.. so I've reinstalled apache and php.. now Ive redirected /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ trought my port 84 and logically it should work..but.. NO! lol when I try to connect on http://myip:84/login.php it gave me the error
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_start() in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login.php on line 29

Ive looked in de table of db_ispconfig in mysql and there is no table .. what is wrong? and how I correct it?

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Just for me, why did you mess up your config if you have an apache2 running including php4 after instaling ispconfig?
    Ispconfig compiles its own software into a dedicated directory so there should nothing be messed up. So what was actually the problem here?

The error message from you post tells, that the php interpreter used by the webserver running on port 84 (did you change that from the original port 81?) does not know the function "session_start()". Looks like the used php comes without session support.
    So which apache version is running on port 84?
    An which version of php is running with that apache? And how was it compiled? run the php binary included into that server with
    php -m
    to see which modules have been compiled in.
    to see the compile string: php -i | more

3. Menekis

Menekis New Member

the reason why It actually messed up my config it is probably because I was already having a webserver on port 81..i dont know..the only thing I know it is all my web pages in php were unreadable..or just acting like text files..

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff