ISP Server Setup - OpenSUSE 10 RC 1

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Emarzee, Oct 11, 2005.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can do that in GUI mode, but you might get in trouble with some GUI editors that comaplain about permissions with some system config files. Better use the console!

2. Emarzee

Emarzee New Member

Code:
    /dev/sda3            /                    ext3       acl,user_xattr,usrquota,grpquota        1 1/dev/sda1            /boot                ext3       acl,user_xattr        1 2/dev/sda4            /var                 ext3       acl,user_xattr,usrquota,grpquota        1 2/dev/sda2            swap                 swap       defaults              0 0proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0/dev/dvdram          /media/dvdram        subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs      noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0

(-edit- sorry about that! i guess the code thing doesnt like me.heres the link
    ) :D

sorry for the ultomate newb questions but im not exactly sure about what quota is and why it's used. is the only thing i edit just the part where i add usrquota and gsrquota? what about the part where you put /var should i put that on my other partition?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Quota is a limit for the space a user can use. E.g., you give a user a quota of 10 MB, then the user cannot use more than 10 MB.

Yes. BTW, I hope your /etc/fstab has one line for each partition, not one line at all (because that's the way you posted it here).

Don't understand the question. :confused:

4. Emarzee

Emarzee New Member

i took a break but i want to try setting up the server again
    i lost my password. i'm silly i know. how do i recover it?

or will i have to perform a reinstall?

5. till

Which password is lost, the ISPConfig password or the root password?

6. Emarzee

Emarzee New Member

root password i think lol i dont know any of them. i have the paper here that i thought was the password but it isnt working

7. till

If you do not want to reinstall your server, i recommend to use a Linux Boot CD like knoppix, then mount your server harddisk in knoppix. Then make the mounted partition your root with the chroot command and set a new password with the passwd command.

8. Emarzee

Emarzee New Member

i'll just go through the setup again :) cause i will have to ask for help on that. i'll just go with what i know from this conversation and document my stuff better

9. Emarzee

Emarzee New Member

im too much of a linux newb i'll just install apache on xp instead. and then strip it down so that it might run faster