ISP Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dranieri, Sep 26, 2005.

1. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Management Console

Settings under server tab!

Server Name: Candlevolt Server 1. Is this a correct choice?
    Hostname: www is this a correct choice?
    Domain: candlevolt.com is this a correct choice, or doesn't not matter what goes here?
    www.candlevolt.com is our registered domain with our hosting company at present. I redirected the site to 192.168.1.103? When the url is typed www.candlevolt.com we get the default apache2 place holder and the IP address shows up in the url when loaded. :(
    IP Address: 192.168.1.103 arrived at from the perfect setup directions. Is this correct?
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0 I believe this is correct so said ipconfig.
    Admin Email: [email protected] is this correct?
    IP List: Nothing here. Is this where if I want multiple sites I add 192.168.1.104 or is this a special purpose better left to the more educated than I?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  2. k5tao

k5tao New Member

Change your IP Address

That address needs to be the address of your server. The 192.X address will not work on the internet, only internal.

Mark

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your right if the server is not in a local network. If the server is behind a NAT router the private IP might be ok.

4. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Correct.
    We use a linksys cable firewall router. When setting up following the tutorial we used ipconfig from our windows and linux box to find the ip address when setting up this IP was not pingable from a dos prompt after entering the 192.168.1.103 to the I believe it was the ip file. The setup pinged the address and continued on.

5. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Thank you this is the address of the server. :rolleyes:

6. dranieri

dranieri New Member

No access to world

default apache2 place holder and the IP address shows up in the url when loaded. :(
    Is the purpose for to have a place to put our main company files "website" on?
    If so how can the world see it. My wife can not get to it from outside our office.
    Ftping with firezilla will only allow user access not root access

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

8. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Thank you, will go to links right now and start studying.

Is our plan to run a remote backup facility out of the question for perfect setup and ispconfig?

What do you recomend with the domains we have hosted now?

Is easydns services of any help to us?