ISPConfig-2.2.2 installation problem (empty mysql db after installation)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sfrank, May 15, 2006.

1. sfrank

sfrank New Member

EDITOR'S NOTE: Problem solved. I thought the database I want ISPConfig to use needs to be created in prior. It turned out that it does not. However it would be nice if the installer tells us more about the problem. Anyways, it was my fault.

Hi all.

Every time I install ISPConfig on my debian sarge system the installation always ends with the following message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
    No results found!ISPConfig system is now up and running!
    Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

However the database I specified a few steps earlier (db_ispconfig) is totally empty.
    Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Frank

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  2. comm

comm New Member

I still recieve this problem. I enter in my mysql login information, and the database is created, however its blank.

--comm

EDIT: You can't use any non-alpha numeric characters for the mysql root password for example 'Ad!s%2^%1SWq' would fail. Changing it to 'as2Wdg5fQw54' works. :D

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's true. :)

4. existsite

existsite New Member

Hello,

We are having a similar issue where we install ISPconfig under Debian and then when we try to change under Management >> Server >> Settings and click save, it brings up back to the management home page and never saves anything, if I go back to that settings page, no settings were saved.

Can someone please suggest? This is urgent for a customer

Thanks

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Which setting exactly do you try to change?