ISPConfig 2.2.40 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Aug 5, 2011.

  1. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

  2. rbartz

    rbartz Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Thank you guys! We always appreciate an update.

    On Centos 5.5:

    After install, the spamassassin was not updated for some reason and we noticed it was not scanning mail any more after a few hours. The solution was to run the updater:

    [root@...]# /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin/sa-update

    That put it all back right again and it was fully upgraded:
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.2 (2011-06-06)...

    THANKS again,

    R Bartz
  3. cambo

    cambo New Member

    I am running ver 2.2.1 on Mandriva 2008.
    Is it ok to upgrade to this release?
    Also where can I find upgrade instructions.
  4. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    The upgrade should work, but to go sure, make a backup of the ISPConfig database plus the directories /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig before.

    The upgrade is done exactly like a new installation:

    cd install_ispconfig/
  5. bebe0

    bebe0 New Member


    thanks for tthe updates...
  6. Spaetzle

    Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Upgrading from 2.2.37

    As it seems I missed some updates. Aren't there Newsletters when new 2.x releases are out? I only got info on updates of 3.x.

    But for my question. Is it save to update from 2.2.37 up to 2.2.40 in one step or need I to go to 2.2.38 and 2.2.39 first.

    Best regards
  7. Ben

    Ben Active Member Moderator

    Is there no support for Debian 5.0.9?
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  8. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    Yes. But make backups before you do this to be on the safe side.
  9. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    Looks like we have to make a new release with support for 5.0.9...
  10. Spaetzle

    Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Will it be sufficient just to add the following lines to dist.txt for installation on a Debian 5.0.9?
    Or is it a better idea to update Debian to 603 first? What are the entries with debian 609 are for? For releases to come in the future?
  11. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    You also need to adjust the files in the mod subdirectory.

  12. Numerizen

    Numerizen Member

    I had a glance at the changes needed to support Debian 5.09, and it doesn't seem to be simple stuff. Very easy to get something wrong, so I probably won't try it.

    Is the possible 2.2.41 coming anytime soon ?
  13. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    Only in case of a security update. Otherwise we focus our efforts on ISPConfig 3.
  14. Numerizen

    Numerizen Member

    OK, thanks.

    I asked the question because you or Till mentioned support for Debien 5.09 in the next release, which I use. But I understand we'll have to wait for a security breach to get this feature ?
  15. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    I guess you can simply add new sections for Debian 5.0.9 to dists.txt and the files in the mod/ subdirectory by simply copying a section of an earlier Debian 5 section.
  16. Numerizen

    Numerizen Member

    Changed all debian508 occurences with debian509 and it did the trick.

    I'm still concerned about trying to manage the domain mentioned here though, because it really turned to a nightmare last time. If you have any ideas about the preventive measures I should take before trying again, or a short hint about what could have happened, it'd be great.
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  17. hairydog2

    hairydog2 New Member

    Does that mean there is now an upgrade path from ISPConfig 2 to ISPConfig 3?
  18. falko

    falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

    No, you cannot upgrade from 2 to 3.
  19. hairydog2

    hairydog2 New Member

    OK. I guess that there will be no features added to 2, and no bugfixes unless they affect security. That's OK by me.

    How long will security patches be updated for? Is it still indefinite, or do you have plans to stop at some date?

    Moving to a different platform is something I'd want to plan for well in advance!

Share This Page