ISPConfig 2.2.6 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Aug 9, 2006.

1. todvard

todvard New Member

do the procmail package installed properly? do you have formail utility on your PATH?

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

don't know if it installed properly how to I check that the best?

I will check the path thing

3. todvard

todvard New Member

if you are using debian or ubuntu just reinstall it:
    Code:
    apt-get --reinstall install procmail

4. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

reinstall worked fine, formail is in the path I guess, which finds it without any problems.

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

The contents of the required files

@Todvart: apt-get --reinstall install procmail worked fine.

The contents of autoresponder.rc.master:

SHELL=/bin/sh # for other shells, this might need adjustment
    EMAIL=`formail -zxTo:`

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
    # Perform a quick check to see if the mail was addressed to us
    #* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
    # Don't reply to daemons and mailinglists
    * !^FROM_DAEMON
    # Mail loops are evil
    * !^X-Loop: ${EMAIL}
    | formail -rD 8192 {PFAD}/.vacation.cache

:0 ehc # if the name was not in the cache
    | (formail -rI"From: {EMAIL_ADDRESS}" -I"Precedence: junk" \
    -A"X-Loop: ${EMAIL}" ; \
    cat {PFAD}/.vacation.msg \
    ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

My contents of the users .autoresponder.rc file which is within the users home dir:

SHELL=/bin/sh # for other shells, this might need adjustment
    EMAIL=`formail -zxTo:`

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
    # Perform a quick check to see if the mail was addressed to us
    #* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
    # Don't reply to daemons and mailinglists
    * !^FROM_DAEMON
    # Mail loops are evil
    * !^X-Loop: ${EMAIL}
    | formail -rD 8192 /var/www/web5/user/test/.vacation.cache

:0 ehc # if the name was not in the cache
    | (formail -rI"From: [email protected]" -I"Precedence: junk" \
    -A"X-Loop: ${EMAIL}" ; \
    cat /var/www/web5/user/test/.vacation.msg \
    ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

An .vacation.msg exits in the users home dir as well:
    The contents of this file is the autorespondermessage as it should contain, so that's ok too.

An .vacation.cache exists in the users home dir too:
    The contents of this file is:

[email protected]^@^@

So the mentioned files above seems to be ok, it is a miracle to me that the autoresponder is not sent to emailaddresses outsite my server!

What can i do/check else to make it work?
    I have to mention that the files .vacation.msg and .vacation.cache are hidden files. Is this ok?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Strange behaviour | autoresponder ISPConfig 2.2.6

I am still trying to get my autoresponder to work. and I discovered something very strange:

When i send an email with an emailaddress (at my server) to the mailbox with the autoresponder enabled (also on my server) the autoresponder works great!

When i send an email with hotmail to to the mailbox with the autoresponder enabled (on my server) the autoresponder works great too!

When i send an email with my private emailadress from my ADSL-provider at home, which is XS4ALL, the autoresponder does NOT function.
    A message with a postfix error appears: No thank you rejected: need fully-qualified address (in reply to RCPT TO command)

When i send an email with another emailaddress at domain operamail.com the autoresponder does not function too, but the process behaves like there is no autoresponder enabled. With other words: The message arrives, but no autoresponder is send.

(I was thinking that my autoresponder did not function for external mailaddresses, for Hotmail it works!) For my other external emailaddresses it fails AND the behaviour is not the same!

I really do not understand anymore.:confused:

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

A few hours later now...
    I did some tests again.

Now even with a hotmailaddress it does not work. :confused:
    No delivery failures. Looks like the autoresponder is disabled, but it is not!

At least the autoresponder functioned once.:)

Can anyone help me out?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  8. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

Hans - not sure if you know this - I didn't till TILL told me.

The auto responder only sends the reply once! per "from" email. Stores that email in the .vacation.cache file... so you will only ever get one autoresponder reply from any one email addy!

from V2.2.5 - the change was supposed to delete .vacation.cache when you turn off autoresponder and set it back when you turn it back on - that way clearing the cache so if you have a new message, the pervious email will now get it "only once" again...

Hope this makes sense...

If you want a reply every time an email is sent I think you can remove the "D" switch from the following line in the .autoresponder file

| formail -rD 8192 /var/www/web5/user/test/.vacation.cache

change to

| formail -r 8192 /var/www/web5/user/test/.vacation.cache

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  9. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Ok, thank you very much!

That explains a little more. I check this out!

10. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

@ Falko and Till

I created a new virtual guest and installed V2.2.6 fresh and roundcubemail.
    Seems autoresponder is working from sites such as hotmail, gmail, my work ,etc but not from my local lan email servers - this is where all my testing was done before and so why I was saying autoresponder is not working. I can not still understand why my mail server on another server (windows 2000) does not get the reply back - i can only think its becasue they are hosts on the same domain and some sort of netowrk confusion going on?????? anyway - any external mail gets responded to so i'm sort of happy now ;)

Oh - and my roundcubemail is working sweet! I think it should be the default email client in your package - it's so much nicer than the others - lol

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  11. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Yes, and there is a Roundcube Beta2 available now. Ben is working on it to make a pkg for it!

12. minskog

minskog New Member

Problem here, i try to upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6, but when try to compile ssl, the compilation fails and then it delete install_ispconfig and /root/ispconfig dirs!

Error:
    Code:
    mkcert.sh:Error: Failed to generate self-signed CA certificate
    make[1]: *** [certificate] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/root/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/apache_1.3.37/src'
    make: *** [certificate] Error 2
    ERROR: Could not make certificate for Apache
    cd: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories:

I reinstall and works all ok at this moment but spamassasin. Spamassasin is giving very low hits to spam emails, then all them are acepted.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  13. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I guess you entered some invalid information when you were asked for the SSL certificate details (common name, etc.).

Any error messages?

14. minskog

minskog New Member

The problem is that the error also delete the ispconfig dir, not only the install_ispconfig, i have backups but people could not have them ;)

No, and the higher spam hits now was 3.4 :?

15. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The updater automatically creates backups of /root/ispconfig, /home/admispconfig, and the ISPConfig database in /tmp. :)

16. minskog

minskog New Member

Wow, i didn't known that, you're the best :)

17. lyndros

lyndros New Member

Updated without problems great job guys.:)