ISPConfig 2.2.9 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Dec 15, 2006.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats intended because the setup cript can not be run a second time from this directory after a failure.

RH9 is rather old now and it is not supported with security patches anymore, if I remember correctly.

Better use a later version of Fedora or Debian / Ubuntu. My personal favorite is Debian together with ISPConfig.

Dont use too many small partitions. Mkae e.g a partition for /, for swap and for /var. I thinkl 5 - 10 GB for / is fine plus 2 GB for swap and the rest for /var, but it depends on your disk size and how many software you want to install.

2. RamDas

RamDas New Member

Ok ,

I am proceeding with Debian and will have the following partitions (approx figs)

/ 3 GB
    swap 2 GB
    /usr 5 GB
    /var 5 GB
    /home 2 GB
    /tmp 500mb

Thanx for the Support

Regards
    Ramdas

3. BarryWeber1

BarryWeber1 New Member

ISPConfig install space requirements

I have been trying to install ISPconfig and find that the install says that it is running out of space. What are the installation space requirements?

4. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi I will be doing an update from 2.2.6 to 2.2.9, and I noticed that you need to make sure c++ compiler is installed.

I have done the following on the command line: which c++ and which g++ and got back the following

/usr/bin/c++ and /usr/bin/g++

Does this mean that everything is ok to update.

Thanks

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, then you ahve a c++ compiler installed. The setup script of the 2.2.9 release checks for the compiler and aborts with a warning before the update process starts.

6. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

On 2.2.6, I'm trying to perform an update..

This is the ./setup output:
    Checking the syntax of the httpd.conf...
    Syntax OK
    The syntax is ok!

########## gcc ##########

/usr/bin/gcc
    OK

########## make ##########

/usr/bin/make
    OK

########## lex ##########

/usr/bin/lex
    OK

########## g++ ##########

/usr/bin/g++
    OK

########## INSTALLATION ##########

It gets stuck here and never continues, any ideas?

7. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Nevermind, found out (by checking the setup2 script that it was the system having many connections and netstat was running slow.