ISPConfig 3.0.0.5 Beta Released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Snowman

Snowman Member

lang.

Can I also start translating? Is english translation complete (all the phrases or some descriptions like eg. OK_BUTTON_SUBMIT )?
    I want to start as soon as it is possible , because you said the release date will be also soon and I want to be prepared :) . Of course I will send it to you, and add it to some release.

Regards,
    Snow

//UPDATE : LOL i wanted to QUOTE Till or Falko , sorry , your post was next to .. doesn't matter

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi, with the translation from Hans I found several missing parts like headers in the menu that are still hard coded in english. I will fix this until the next beta and add the missing sentences to the language files. It might be better if you wait until the next beta release with the translation.

3. gjcomputer

gjcomputer New Member

i played around with 3.0.0.2 beta a while back, but i would like to see some screen shots of this one if anyone can post a few. i will try and install 3.0.0.5 later this week(end) to get a feel, and do some testing

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I will do my best to translate the rest as well on that moment.

5. Gimly

Gimly Member

HI ISP team's :),

With this version of ISP3, is it possible to migrate from ISP2 to ISP3 ? If no, is it on todo list for future version ?

Thanks for your answers :)

6. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

@Gimly: afaik it is more or less on a todo list but it won't be too easy since the architecture is completely difrferent between both systems. But Falko / Till already stated that the plan a kind of migration script.

7. Gimly

Gimly Member

Ok thanks for the info ben :)

8. Snowman

Snowman Member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. Snowman

Snowman Member

:) again some Q

hi,
    i want to divide DNS server and Other Servers.
    Actually I've installed all the server with frontend to my node1.
    Now I want to install only mydns to node2, a installed debian, mydns, mysql.

My question is if i am right if i select Expert installation on node2 then i enter mysql username and password from first server and then select only to configure mydns , without installing ispconfig?

Select language (en,de) [en]:
    Installation mode (Standard,Expert) [Standard]: Expert
    Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg foo.example.com [ns.domain.com]:
    MySQL server hostname [localhost]:
    MySQL root username [root]:
    MySQL root password []: abcdefg
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]:
    Shall this server join a existing ISPConfig installation? If not, we will create a new database now (y,n) [y]:
    Configure Mail (y,n) [y]: n
    Configure FTP Server (y,n) [y]: n
    Configure DNS Server (y,n) [y]: y
    Configuring MyDNS
    mydns[3508]: Error connecting to MySQL server at localhost: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (errno=0)
    Restarting DNS server: mydnsConfigure Apache Server (y,n) [y]: n
    Install ISPConfig (y,n) [y]: n
    Installation completed.

when i try to add mysql data of node1, (i think this way is correct) it gives me :
    Unable to connect to mysql server Access denied for user 'root'@'ip of node2' (using password: YES)

unfortunately
    # telnet ip of node1 3306
    Trying ip of node1...
    Connected to node1.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    F
    5.0.32-Debian_7etch5-log{%*DWi,<(,QB80'o~MBDn~^]
    telnet> quit
    Connection closed.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  10. till

Yes, thats correct.

I will have to check the problem in the sources of the installer.

11. Snowman

Snowman Member

Ok, thanks.
    Please let me know then ?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  12. gondim

gondim New Member

Migration Tool

Hi all,

The version 3 there will be a tool of the migration from 2.x to 3.x version?

Today, I'm using version 2.x and this is very cool. :)

Congratulations for all!

13. till

There is a updated version in SVN that fixes several bugs related to multiserver use.

Also, make sure that you use the hostname and not IP address to connect to the mysql server. MySQL has problems when the IP is used in the permission tables. If you run the setup in a test enviroment without real assigned hostnames, you can add all hostnames and corresponding IP addresses in the /etc/hosts files of all servers that are part of this setup.

14. till

15. Snowman

Snowman Member

Thanks. I will try it today and let you know here.

16. Snowman

Snowman Member

Select language (en,de) [en]: en
    Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg foo.example.com [ns.prd.sk]: ns.prd.sk
    MySQL server hostname [localhost]: prd.sk
    MySQL root username [root]: root
    MySQL root password []: password
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: dbispconfig
    Create a new database? (We do not want to join a existing ISPConfig server Setup) (y,n) [y]: y
    ERROR: Stopped: Database already contains some tables.

(Checked out revision 367.)

prd.sk is frontend
    and ns.prd.sk is DNS which i want to join to prd.sk

Hi, i tried to join DNS node to the frontend node but unsucessfully.
    Till, can you help please ?

Thanks,
    Snowman

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  17. till

It must be:

Create a new database? (We do not want to join a existing ISPConfig server Setup) (y,n) [y]: n

otherwise it will try to craete a new database, but you want to join a existing database in this case.

18. Snowman

Snowman Member

Create a new database? (We do not want to join a existing ISPConfig server setup) (y,n) [y]: n
    Adding ISPConfig server record to database.
    Configuring MyDNS
    mydns[7818]: Error connecting to MySQL server at prd.sk: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'86.110.225.80' (using password: YES) (errno=0)
    Restarting DNS server: mydnsConfigure Apache Server (y,n) [y]: n
    Install ISPConfig Web-Interface (y,n) [y]: n
    chmod: cannot access `/var/log/clamav/clamav.log': No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access `/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log': No such file or directory
    Installing Crontab
    no crontab for root
    crontab: user `getmail' unknown
    Forcing reload of web server (apache2)... waiting .
    Installation completed.

Instalation is joined i see ns.prd.sk in frontend.
    But :
    Installing Crontab
    no crontab for root
    Forcing reload of web server (apache2)... waiting .

Here is something wrong, probably in install script. It seems it wants to install/configure mail and web and its wrong.

Can you explain ? :
    mydns[7818]: Error connecting to MySQL server at prd.sk: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'86.110.225.80' (using password: YES) (errno=0)

This is local mydns database or remote, i think it should be local otherwise DNS server with mysql tables on frontend server have no meaning. Because if frontend will be down, DNS will be "down" too. Can i set this some where ?

19. till

Thats what I wrote above. You must use the hostname of the mysql database server, not the IP address! MySQL does not support IP addresses in the permission tables.

20. Snowman

Snowman Member

mydns[8408]: Error connecting to MySQL server at prd.sk: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'86.110.225.80' (using password: YES) (errno=0)

I am not sure but this ERROR says that : ns.prd.sk (DNS node) where mydns is installed want to connect to prd.sk (frontend node) as user ispconfig.
    86.110.225.80 is IP of ns.prd.sk (DNS node).

See my steps down there :) :
    Select language (en,de) [en]:
    Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg foo.example.com [ns.prd.sk]:
    MySQL server hostname [localhost]: prd.sk
    MySQL root username [root]:
    MySQL root password []: password
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]:
    Create a new database? (We do not want to join a existing ISPConfig server setup) (y,n) [y]: n
    Adding ISPConfig server record to database.
    Configuring MyDNS
    mydns[8408]: Error connecting to MySQL server at prd.sk: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'86.110.225.80' (using password: YES) (errno=0)
    Restarting DNS server: mydns
    Configure Apache Server (y,n) [y]: n
    Installing Crontab
    Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...httpd (no pid file) not running
    Installation completed.

Is that bad ?

//i can reinstall ns.prd.sk , whole debian if it will help, no problem

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008