ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta is available for download. This release is
    for testing only, it is not for production use.

ISPConfig 3 is a new Hosting Control Panel rewritten from scratch. ISPConfig 3
    is not a direct update for ISPConfig 2. Do not install it on a ISPConfig 2 server.

Features of ISPConfig 3 compared to ISPConfig 2
    -----------------------------------------------------

- Support for virtual mail users
    - Support for virtual FTP Users
    - Support for multiple Servers
    - Support for splitting of services to multiple servers
    (Database, web, FTP and DNS can be on different servers).

Download
    -----------------------------------------------------

The software itself can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.0.6-beta.tar.gz

ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta is also available as ready to run VMWare virtual
    machine based on Debian Linux.

Download of the VMWare image:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig_3.0.0.6_debian_etch.zip (approx. 600 MB)

When you run the vmware image the first time you will be asked to keep
    or create a MAC address. Select "keep", otherwise the networking wont work.

The root password of the VM is set to "ispconfig", the IP address is
    192.168.0.100 and has to be reconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces
    to meet your network requirements. The ISPconfig Interface login is:

http://192.168.0.105:8080/

User = admin
    Password = admin.

Changes:
    --------------------------------------

- Individual Email filtering rules for mailboxes.
    - Added editor for the server config ini.
    - Create MySQL databases for websites.
    - Simple firewall configuration form.
    - Many bugs were fixed, see bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3

For a detailed changelog, please have a look at the SVN history with a SVN client of your choice:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/

Known Issues:

Please have a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

This is a Beta release and we invite everone to report bugs. Bugs can be either reported
    in the ispconfig forum (preferaböe to this forum thread) or you sign up for a account
    in the ISPConfig bugtracking system and sent a email to dev[at]ispconfig[dot]org with your
    bugtracker username and and the request to activate your user. Due to massive SPAM problems
    we had to dectivate the automatic activation of bugtracker accounts.

Supported Linux Distributions
    -----------------------------
    - Debian Etch (4.0).
    - Ubuntu 7.10
    - Ubuntu 8.04

More Linux Distributions will be supported soon.

Installation
    --------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig on Debian and Ubuntu can be found
    in the text files INSTALL_DEBIAN.txt and INSTALL_UBUNTU.txt which are inside
    the ISPConfig-3.0.0.6-beta.tar.gz file.

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Thank you for this.
    I'm downloading the VMWare image right now.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thank you Till, i will give it a try soon!

4. dponsa

dponsa New Member

some bugs...

hello, a bug,or i think so ;)

As client add shell users shows :
    Error:
    Noting more, yes, client has enabled create shell users

Regards

5. till

Thanks, I added it to the bugtracker.

6. trexen

trexen Member

97% CPU on Clamav

Hi,

I like the new Gui =)

I just did a fresh install of ISPConfig latest, all works fine but i got 97% CPU on Clamav, i just reboot my server, vmware ESX 3.0.2 om Quad Core with 16GB (nothing to do at work =) )

Is it possible to use loadbalancer (like http://www.howtoforge.com/high-availability-load-balancer-pound-keepalived-debian-etch )for NFS and mysql cluster in this new ispconfig ?
    ------------------------

I notise that after logon timeout som error "LOGIN_REDIRECT:/index.php" and i can get back to login screen whit pressing F5

-------------------------------------------
    Regards
    Marcus

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  7. aberrio

aberrio New Member

thx

My configuration will be as follow:

ISPConfig server IP xx.xx.xx.xa
    WEB Server IP xx.xx.xx.xb
    DNS server IP xx.xx.xx.xc
    MySQL, E-mail, secondary DNS servers xx.xx.xx.xd

Do I have to install all services on the ISPConfig box, or just php5-cli?

Best regards

AL

8. till

You will have to install at least apache, mysql and mod_php and php5-cli on the ispcoinfig server to run the interface.

9. trexen

trexen Member

Hi,
    I don´t know if it is a bug ore if i done someting wrong, but i get a error msg when try to read the log files

cut from Gui below.
    ---------------------------------
    /var/log/mail.log

- No Refresh -2510153060

Unable to read /var/log/mail.log
    ---------------------------------

Regards
    Marcus

10. till

Thats not a bug, you will have to make the mail log files readable for the user of the webserver by executing:

chmod +r /var/log/mail.log

This is done once by the installer, but it may be changed back by e.g. linux system updates.

11. leon1e

leon1e New Member

Nice features, especially the multi server support!

Question, is it possible to create a wizard with a few steps:

1. Create customer + contact person
    2. Create website + dns
    3. Create mail user + alias
    4. Create ftp user
    5. Create database user

12. go0ogl3

go0ogl3 Member

Suggestions

Hello,
    I have installed ispconfig 3 beta on Ububtu 8.04 (for virtual users/domains support) and...
    I have some suggestions to make:

- when you add some sites, you must restart apache for the settings to have effect - some script needed for this

- the documentation for the install "forgets" there are more packages to install (courier-imap-ssl and courier-pop-ssl comes in my mind now, about 4 extra if I remember, for the clean sistem I used) - needs some attention here

- the documentation does not explain that you need to use mydns already configured, and the install.php is trying to start "sh /etc/init.d/mydns" (hope I remember corectly this) a file which does not exist (for my Ubuntu sistem at least) - needs some clarification here

- This seems to be a very good software which solves all my needs :D and I hope will work well for me

- Keep up the good work!

13. aberrio

aberrio New Member

ISP CP interface installed, next question on the box that will serve as www server do i have to install the same applications or just apache? Try to install Expert mode but every time that enter the MySQL IP for the data base getting error. Do I have to have MySQL installed on the www box?

Best regards

Al

14. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Dutch language file set for ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta.

Till & Falko,

Today i've created a new Dutch language file set for ISPConfig 3.
    It is a translation of the English language set, which came with ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta.

For the ones who want to make their Duch language file set up to date again, please feal free to visit my site and download it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  15. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

I know I'm going to be hanged for this :) but you know what they say...
    (***replace with your favorite saying***)

I was thinking if the ISPConfig admin interface could be ported to Joomla...
    (No tomatoes or stones please, at least not in the face.)

Some of the reasons behind my outrageous idea are these...

1) Joomla has HUGE coder base. The biggest Open Source Content Management System project in the world.

2) If the admin interface was a Joomla CMS based - ISPConfig coders could delegate that part of the "update/upgrade/security work" to Joomla coders.

3) Joomla has an outstanding modular "plugin" system that allows the easy installation of "Components, modules, etc." This would allow easy ISPConfig plugins (like languages, webmail systems, etc.)

4) Joomla comes with optional "authentication systems" that include at this moment - Joomlas own MySQL based auth, (and connectors for...) LDAP, Gmail, and the coming attraction OpenID.

5) Joomla comes with a really good ready made installation package.
    (This will help ISPConfig coders to no end. Delegate, delegate, delegate.)

5) At some point in the distant future there will come a need to integrate ISPConfig with a CRM system like vTiger (All hail vTiger, its not crap anymore, except the pdf invoices... but that is another story) and vTiger with shopping cart system like Virtuemart (one of thousands of Joomla components.) If ISPConfig was a "Component" of Joomla this would be so easy.

Ok. You can start laughing now.

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  16. till

agreed.

As you might know, I'am doing systema dministration for al lot of clients. Most servers that I recovered from a hack in the last time had been hacked trough a jommla system. Personally I really do not want to rely on this security wise for administering my server.

ISPConfig has a modular plugin system and event system too, so no need for that.

This might be a point, at least ldap authentication. But you forget that the joomla auth sytsmes just cover 5 or 10% of the need of ispconfig as it is made for a completely different type of software. Joomly is just a CMS and ISPConfig 3 is a multi server control panel.

This installer does not really help us. It is webbased, but ISPConfig needs a shell based installer that runs as root and does system configuration tasks.

There should be no problem to write addons that integrate e.g. the client management with a crm system in ISPConfig 3.

To sum it up, I do not see any benefits in such a merge. ISPConfig and joomla are two absolutely different software projects, it would be the same as if you want to merge the apache webserver with your homebanking application.

17. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Yup. Not gonna be easy and your right about the "security" aspect. PHP is leaking like a sieve. But there is the CRM aspect of this, granted that nether the CRM or CMS is not "critical" for this type of system.

*** Ducking tomatoes ***

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  18. kassie

kassie New Member

Any estimation on the release of ISPConfig 3 for use on live servers?

I unfortunately know to little to help.

19. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

I do hope, that ISPConfig will not be ported to Joomla or any similar "CRM" things, most likely with the same arguments till mentioned.
    (Maybe something like the remoting framework would be interestng, so others could develop a joomla based panel, that uses the remoting framework as core).

More than this it'd be a fine idea to have the panel coded with Zend Framework, so in the end build as MVC-App.

20. till

The ISPConfig 3 design follows in general the MVC pattern and also event based. I reviewed all frameworks and none of the frameworks that were available at the time the development of ISPConfig 3 started matched all criterias for this project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.