ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Wojtek1

Wojtek1 New Member

I can't ... don't heave rights to add new task :(

Maybe this is stupid question, but how ?

2. soho

soho Member

Following the recommendations of the file INSTALL_UBUNTU_8.04.TXT is requested:

First we have to make sure that the capability module is loaded in the kernel

modprobe capability
    echo 'capability' >> /etc/modules"

But setting on my server (clean (fresh) Ubuntu Server 8.04LTS) the message is:

FATAL: Module capability not found.

How to solve this?

Best regards,

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can ignore this if there is no capability module.

4. mlz

mlz Member

Ubuntu 8.04

Has anyone else had problems getting the named virtuals working under Ubuntu 8.04? I've installed twice thinking I missed a step and each time one site comes up, but not any of the rest (everything shows the same site)

5. till

What do you mean with named virtuals? ISPCOnfig 3 supports only mydns and mydns-ng as dns server.

6. mlz

mlz Member

I'm referring to apache. The only site that shows up is the default Ubuntu site, the NameVirtuals do not come up with the domain name. I have set up 2 sites. If I remove the ubuntu default site, then one vitual comes up, but not the other.

7. till

Please try to select '*' in the IP field of the site.

8. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Dutch language fileset available for ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta

Hi Till,

Sorry for my late reply, but i want you to know that the update from the previous beta version to this one went fine.

Today, i've updated the Dutch language fileset for ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta.
    The Dutch language fileset is an exact translation of the English language file set an can be imported into ISPConfig 3 by using the Import language funcion within the Language editor.

The new Dutch language fileset is available here. :)

Kind regards,

9. mlz

mlz Member

That's the only selection available, since I didn't add an IP. However I lost the power supply on that machine last night, so it'll be a week or so before I can work on it again, have to wait for a new PS to come in :(

10. zoltan

zoltan New Member

mailman

Hello Till,

is it possible to get mailman into 3.0.0.7?

thanks
    Zoltan

11. till

ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 does not support mailman and it is currently not planned to support mailman in the final version. Mailman support might be added in a later version.

12. zoltan

zoltan New Member

Ok, thanks.
    Does that mean you will not integrate a mailing list management in general?

13. till

It is not planned to integrate a mailing list manager at the moment. Feel free to do it if you need this feature :)

14. Explizite

Explizite New Member

I've been following the installation guideline on Ubuntu8.04 when I've got into a problem that I can't connect to the MySQL database. I've tried to install all of the services from the start, but the same result was there - can't connect to the database using the mysql root password provided during the installation. Any help on this one please?

15. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the exact error message?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ?

16. Eagle

Eagle New Member

Mandriva

Hello.
    Does ISPconfig 3.x support for Mandriva 2009 x86_64?

17. stanman

stanman New Member

ispconfig 2.n.n. to 3.n.n.

What if i wanted to go an run 3.n.n., but i already have sites on a 2.n.n. ispconfig box? How difficult will it be to 'upgrade'?

(have just finished a ispconfig 2 migration from a physical server into an openvz container)

18. till

ISPConfig 2 and 3 are completely different software packages. It is not possible to do an upgrade. We might offer a migration script later, but this will require always a complete reinstallation of the server.

19. stanman

stanman New Member

ok, i'll keep on running 2 for the time being.

20. AlArenal

AlArenal New Member

Got a question for those who already tried out ISPC3.

I just rented a new server (dual quadcore, 8 gigs RAM, ...) and now I'm thinking about whether or not I should stick with ISPC2 or give ISPC3 a go.

The server is going to host only a handful of sites which are meant to be busy. Customers would not want to configure something by themselves, so I will be the only one to use ISPC.

I KNOW it is still beta and some stuff is missing, but would you from your experience say I can do it without running myself into real trouble?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,
    al