ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Sep 21, 2008.

1. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

How do I get involved?

I currently need the features that ISPConfig 3 is offering. How do I get involved to help speed up the release?

2. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Alarenal, while I have to make the disclaimer that ISPConfig3 is still in beta, and is not meant to be on a production server yet.

I would say that if you use the SVN install method, and you get a bugtracker account to submit bugs and feature requests, and you update your installation often(daily hopefully, weekly would work too); then I think it could be done. I'm running a few sites on it right now. There are limitations, but they are being fixed.

The more active you are involved, the easier it will be to run the beta software as production.

3. almas

almas New Member

add MySQL database problem

Hello,
    Firstly I'm sorry for my English is not good. :(

I'm using ispconfig 3 beta now. I love it :)
    I have problem with add new MySQL database. Adding MySQL database completed ok in ISPConfig control panel. But trying to connect to database with new database user login is cannot complete to phpMyadmin. (#1045 - Access denied for user 'reklam'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Question 1. How could I solve this problem?

Question 2. Can I add one ore more Databases to one mysql database user?

:rolleyes: Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  4. astewart

astewart ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I had the same problem. Log in as Root into phpmyadmin and click on "Privileges". You will see the created DB user here, change the 'Host' from '%' to Localhost. You should be able to login with that account after that.

5. almas

almas New Member

There is no user created :( ? Maybe its my system problem... It was ok... ???
    Do ISPConfig update automatically?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why do you do this in phpmyadmin? There is a checkbox for that in the database settings in ISPConfig 3.

7. till

ISPConfig is not updating itself automatically.

8. almas

almas New Member

Thank you for your reply. :D OK I think that its my system problem. I can't create database users. I created database in ISPConfig. database is created ok. But database users didn't created. There was no error reported in ISPConfig. Can you help me.

9. till

Did you change the mysql root passowrt or any permissions of the mysql root user?

10. almas

almas New Member

No I didn't change anything. root user has ALL PRIVILEGES and its old password.

11. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

I've seen an issue with this before. Log into phpmyadmin with root, then check in the privledges area. Does the new user have two entries? one for all hosts, and the other for localhost?

12. almas

almas New Member

No. new user have one entry with all hosts (%).

13. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Alright, change that to local host. Then see if that fixes it.

14. almas

almas New Member

ok. thank you. Now it can login. But remote access is disabled :( I want to create that by ISPConfig... I think that I must reinstall mysql and ISPConfig... ?

15. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

No, you don't need to reinstall. This is a bug with ISPConfig3 I think. Mysql needs two rows, one for local, and one for non local. The % any host doesn't include local access.

16. till

17. almas

almas New Member

Thank you very much :D

18. make-fun

make-fun Member

SFTP using WinSCP?

Hi there,
    I've just been testing ISPConfig 3, mainly I was interested in whether we could be using SFTP with WinSCP without clients being able to roam around too much. It seems like I was able to roam through every dir on the server, no matter what settings I used for a Shell User.
    Is there any way to prevent this?

Cheers

19. make-fun

make-fun Member

Mail Forward allows Loops

Hi Folks,
    it seems like you can create Maill Loops by forwarding an email address to itself, like [email protected] -> [email protected]. Maybe worth fixing this just in case you have some user doing these foolish things ;-)

Like very much what I see, BTW

Cheers

20. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Well SCP or SFTP belong mainly to the same, ssh (instead of ftpS). So roaming around is no wonder, as you may do the same as when connecting via ssh directly. Afair there is not default shell in most distros that locks a user in several dirs or the user's homedir. I gave scponly a try but it was more or less like a mess or let's say for the things I expected it was not straight forward enough as to use it for more users.