ISPConfig 3.0.0.9 RC2 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Snowman

Snowman Member

migrating

Hi, i want to ask if there will be some migration script from ISPC2 to ISPC3.
    There was thread about this and there was that it will be possible.

This weekend i want to install new server, so i want to know if it will be better to install ISPC3 and wait for migration release or ISPC3 final release.

Thanks
    Martin

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

We haven't decided yet about such a tool. At first it was planned, but then ISPConfig 3 became a totally different software, so that migration will be difficult (although not impossible).

3. phorce1

phorce1 New Member

Is there any documentation on setting up multiple servers? I've poked around in the latest download and don't see it yet.

By multiple servers I am referring to separating services. Email on one box, web on another box, etc.

Can multiple, redundant, DNS servers be set up? Can the ISPConfig DNS server act as a master with slave installations updating from it?

Can web sites be set up on multiple boxes? Can email be set up on multiple boxes? We have a couple of domains that have been in use for a LONG time. When we point the MX records to those domains they will instantly begin getting hammered with hundreds of thousands of spams daily. They should each be on their own separate machine.

How well does an ISPConfig setup handle REJECTing spam (not BOUNCEing it)? Can the end-user email users adjust their own spam settings or are spam settings strictly a site-wide thing?

Is any of this documented in SVN since I don't see the info in the tarball?

Thanks all,

Gerald

4. falko

Not yet.

Yes and yes. As ISPConfig is using MyDNS, you can simply set up MySQL replication on the slaves.

Yes.

You can configure this in the amavisd settings.

Yes.

5. atjensen11

atjensen11 New Member

When I try to run the update from SVN script, I get the following error:

Code:
    server:/usr/local/bin# ./ispconfig_update_from_svn.sh
    ./ispconfig_update_from_svn.sh: line 4: svn: command not found
    ./ispconfig_update_from_svn.sh: line 5: cd: trunk/install: No such file or directory
    Could not open input file: update.php

Do I need additional software installed to run this script?

6. atjensen11

atjensen11 New Member

I looked at some of the TXT instructions in the documentation section of the ISPConfig website. In the Ubuntu version, they describe the optional step of installing subversion. I did this and the update script worked as expected.

7. ozzykiev

ozzykiev New Member

ispconfig3

hello gays.
    do you have any document for ispconfig3 about how to use or something?
    if you have can you share with me pls...
    thanks...

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no documentation available for ispconfig 3.

Btw. better write "hello guys", the word you used has a different meaning :)

9. shuvuu

shuvuu New Member

can you add db?

I have a problem.

1. installed ispconfig 3
    2. added new client
    3. added new site
    4. added db - failed.

it created database, but no user. double checked in phpmyadmin - there is no user created....

10. till

As you installed ispconfig, did you use the mysql root user or a different user?

11. shuvuu

shuvuu New Member

I used "debian-sys-maint".

when I run ispconfig_update_from_svn.sh it askes root password, not debian-sys-maint.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  12. till

It might be that this user does not has sufficient privileges to add the databases. Please edit the files /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf and make sure that it conatins root as username and the password of the mysql root user.

13. Snowman

Snowman Member

roadmap

hi,
    i noticed that Roadmap for version 3.0.1 Final has 100% of 63 tasks completed.

is the ispc ready ? WOW!!!!
    or am i wrong ?

is the big D day here ?

:)

14. till

At least there is nothing more in the roadmap yet, most likely we will find some minor bugs when we do the final tests on all linux distributions but the releasedate is near :)

15. KenMasters

KenMasters New Member

When you say "near", are you talking days, weeks or months? :D

16. till

Days, if no major probems were found.

17. binaryrogue

binaryrogue Member

man, I'm excited.. i check the website everyday for this. :)

18. davestyle

davestyle New Member

I didn't really notice but I check everyday too.
    I'm giddy as a schoolgirl after her first male encounter :D

(I'll be kickin' it CentOS style if anyone cares)

19. HellMind

HellMind Member

I'm having troubles with mydns
    I upgraded to .26 but its the same.

When I boot the ispc the mydns starts but isnt work
    I ve to stop and start it to make it work

Also, sometime the mydns hangs :(

this is my error log

Code:
    Mar 25 08:43:54 tiamat mydns[2556]: tiamat.x.com up 42m48s (2568s) 9 questions (0/s) NOERROR=1 SERVFAIL=0 NXDOMAIN=3 NOTIMP=0 REFUSE
    D=0 (22% TCP, 2 queries)
    Mar 25 08:43:54 tiamat mydns[2553]: Server pid 2556 died
    Mar 25 08:43:54 tiamat mydns[3115]: purge_bad_task() bad task 0.0.0.0: 000  (2) NEED_TASK_READ, High Priority IO Driven Task => 2
    Mar 25 08:43:54 tiamat mydns[3115]: purge_bad_task() bad task 0.0.0.0: 000  (3) NEED_TASK_READ, High Priority IO Driven Task => 4
    Mar 25 08:43:54 tiamat mydns[3115]: accept_tcp_query: accept failed on fd 3 proto IPV4: Bad file descriptor
    Mar 25 08:43:54 tiamat mydns[3115]: accept_tcp_query: accept failed on fd 5 proto IPV4: Bad file descriptor

20. falko

.26? What is that?

BTW, we've released ISPConfig 3.0.1, so you should update.