ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 Beta released for testing

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is the beta version of the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 release.
    This release adds user crontabs, separates clients and resellers more clearly and fixes a lot of bugs.

Changelog
    ------------------------------------

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?string=&project=3&due[]=27&status[]=closed&do=index

New Installation

Execute the following commands as root user on the shell:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.1.4-beta.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.0.1.4-beta.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install/
    php -q install.php
    cd /tmp/
    rm -rf ispconfig3_install
    rm -f ISPConfig-3.0.1.4-beta.tar.gz

Update of an existing ISPConfig installation
    Installation

Execute the following commands as root user on the shell:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.1.4-beta.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.0.1.4-beta.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install/
    php -q update.php
    cd /tmp/
    rm -rf ispconfig3_install
    rm -f ISPConfig-3.0.1.4-beta.tar.gz

2. uncher

uncher New Member

Can I upgrade a working system to the beta version? Or wait for the normal version?:confused:

Once again, the Russian version is not full!) Will the normal transfer or re-translate the most?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  3. till

You can update a working system with the beta, I use it on my mailserver. But to be on the safe side you should wait for the final release.

If you send me a complete translation that is exported with the language file export function I will integrate it in the next release.

4. popper2001

popper2001 New Member

Problems with Bastille after update > Server possibly not reachable any more

There seems to be a big problem with /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg after the update from version 3.0.1.3. I have a debian lenny perfect setup running on a strato vServer.

When I change the ports in the web interface and activate the firewall the ports are correctely stored in the database as I can see in phpmyadmin:
    Code:
    tcp_port: 20,21,22,25,53,80,443,995,3306,8081,40000:40020
    udp_port: 53,3306,40000:40020
    But since the update bastille-firewall.cfg is not beeing updated correctly (before it was, exept the error described below). Now it's even worse: Insted of setting

Code:
    TCP_PUBLIC_SERVICES="20 21 22 25 53 80 443 995 3306 8081 40000:40020"
    UDP_PUBLIC_SERVICES="53 3306 40000:40020"
    the script sets

Code:
    TCP_PUBLIC_SERVICES=""
    UDP_PUBLIC_SERVICES=""
    which would have made the server unreachable if I hadn't been logged in into ssh while doing that.

The only possibility I found at the moment, is correcting bastille-firewall.cfg manually.

I mainly updated because of the misssing possibility to insert port ranges in the firewall configuration (web interface) in style of "40000:40020" as for example needed for passive ftp mode with pureFTP.
    As stated e.g. in http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14259 there has been a bug with the length of the firewall port field in dbispconfig, which should be fixed now or already in the former version (?), but for me it diddn't work (the ":XXXXX" was always croped as e.g. already described here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35411). But now it's even worse as stated above.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Meanwhile I found a suitable "hotfix" for the problem. Details here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37678

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  5. Skprorok

Skprorok New Member

And can I update ISPconfig to 3.0.1.4 beta and later upgrade to 3.0.1.4 final relase?

6. Hesham

Hesham New Member

Add Client

in Client, every time i try to Add Client the ispconf freez so do the apache
    every thing freez in face, and i had to reboot to get it fix.

any idea ?

am running CentOS last version
    and ispconf last version also.

install based on CentOS 5.x server + ispconf

thanks in advance.

7. ahagadorn

ahagadorn New Member

DNS Issue

I'm having a couple serious DNS issues since I upgraded to 3.0.1.4.

First, when I try to add a new zone as user "admin" using the wizard, I get a "The max. number of DNS zones for your account is reached." ( I have 18 zones). I was able to add a new zone without using the wizard.

The second issue is, if I try to add a new A record, and an A record exists with a different host name but the same IP address, I get "Duplicate A-Record" error. I had to add them as aliases. This did not happen in 3.0.1.3, and I believe I should be able to have multiple A records with the same IP address, correct?

Thanks,
    Andy

8. till

See: http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=824

Posted it as new item to the bugtracker.

9. ahagadorn

ahagadorn New Member

Thanks Till. Otherwise, it's a great release so far. Good job.

Andy

10. mxtdn

mxtdn New Member

i have problem

Dear all,

I want to uninstall 3.0.1.4 but i can't find folder /root/ispconfig

And then i type: #whereis ispconfig
    ispconfig: /usr/local/ispconfig

i don't see uninstall.php in this folder.

How can i reinstall ?

Thanks.

11. till

This is a ispconfig 2 and not ispconfig 3 folder!

download the ispconfig installer tar.gz, unpack it, go to the install directory. there you find scripts to install update and uninstall ispconfig.

12. mxtdn

mxtdn New Member

I installed new ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 with "perfect server Centos 5.3" .

I created my dns with domain: ns1.ftcvn.net | ns2.ftcvn.net and point to one ip: 125.214.25.241

On the control of client -> add new site: ftcvn.net: it OK
    but when i add second site: ronbands.com or ievietnam.com it not work

two site: ronbands.com or ievietnam.com have dns: ns1.ftcvn.net | ns2.ftcvn.net

Help me please.
    Thanks and best regards,

P/S: sorry, my english is not good.

13. till

Make sure that you created the correct DNS records for the domains too. Creating a site is not enough of course, every domain needs dns records!

14. mxtdn

mxtdn New Member

Could you please tell me how can i do it ?

Thanks.

15. mxtdn

mxtdn New Member

@till: thanks all, all sites is working

16. commentator

commentator Member

There is a problem when you keep the control panel open and the login expires. I get an error and a huge error page popup

17. mixed

mixed New Member

Reset password not working

I seem to have forgotten my admin password and the 3.0.1.3 password reset didn't seem to be working, so I upgraded to 3.0.1.4 beta

It still doesn't seem to be working. I put in the username and what I believe to be the correct email address, but when I click "Resend password" the E-mail and Username fields blank out with no message to say whether an e-mail has been sent or not.

Looking at the mail logs it seems that it hasn't been sent.

When I look in the database, I can't see any user account e-mail addresses stored anywhere, so I am wondering if that was one of the bugs in 3.0.1.3 (ie it didn't store a user's e-mail address). I am tempted to just reset the password for the admin user directly in the database, but am not sure whether the password is a standard MD5 hash or if it uses some salt.

18. till

Thats not a bug. Only clients can reset their password like this, the admin password is excluded from this procedure.

You have to reset the password in the database, the password is encrypted with crypt + salt but you can use also md5 without salt.

19. mixed

mixed New Member

Thanks for such a fast response. It would be nice if the password reminder page gave you a message explaining that you can't reset the admin password that way if you try to.

20. djtremors

djtremors New Member

why root?

why do most coders 'assume' everyone is the same. I do not run a mysql user 'root' but on upgrade.php (possibly install.php too) i have no choice and it only asks for the root mysql password.

Can we get this changed to ask for a mysql username in future so i dont have to change the code or create a root account each time please ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.