ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 causes Apache to have too many open files

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gkovacs, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Sorry, Till. I don't know how to do that.

I'm looking at the file and this is what it shows me...
    What shall I check it with against?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

run:

mysql -u ispconfig -p dbispconfig

and then enter the passphrase that is listed in the line "pass" of the file. If you are able to login, then this part is fine and you must have a different problem. In this case please post the exact error messages that you get and where you got them.

3. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Fifo

I could log in properly to the database.
    Restarting apache seems to help with the openfiles problem.
    I did lsof before I restarted apache and after restart.

This is where it seem to go wrong...
    After this it seems to repeat same FIFO stuff over and over...

In apache error log I see this...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. till

Ok, so the Date/Format perl module is missing on your server which is required by vloggaer and this causes apache to fail.

on debian and ubuntu the package is named libtimedate-perl and can be installed with:

apt-get install libtimedate-perl

for othert distributions this package is available too. Search for date "date::format" with yast or yum if you run a different linux distribution.

5. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

The man!

I have said it before and I say it again.

6. grillonic

grillonic New Member

Sounds interesting...

Do you know where can I look to find libtimedate-perl to install it in CentOS 5.4 ??, please, I'm having kinda the same problem, but mine is more like this:

Hope you can help me too mate.

7. till

Run this command:

yum install webalizer perl-DateTime-Format-HTTP perl-DateTime-Format-Builder

To install all nescessary modules for the ispconfig statistics. Thats step 19 of the ispconfig installation instructions, so please follow the install guides closely to avoid such problems.

8. crazylamp

crazylamp New Member

I have the same problem. And i have solved it by using the below command:
    Code:
    yum install perl-Time*
    I'm using CentOS 5.4
    :)

9. jrklein

jrklein New Member

RESOLVED - Debian Squeeze 6, ISPconfig 3.0.4.6, Vlogger Perl errors, Apache failing

Thank you Till for your solution above and to you and Falko for all of your work on the ISPconfig project and documentation!

We were able to resolve this problem by installing the Perl Date::Format module on Debian Squeeze.

apt-get install libtimedate-perl

I recently built multiple VPS running a new/clean install of Debian Squeeze 6.0 and ISPconfig 3.0.4.6. My builds did not include the package. The installation guide I followed did not suggest installing the package since it likely assumed the package was already installed.

The apache2 processes would consume all available VPS memory and the VPS host would begin killing all new processes in the affected VPS. Restarting the apache2 service in the affected VPS would temporarily resolve the problem. The cause of the problem was obvious once we checked into it. The apache error log (/var/log/apache2/error.log) in the affected VPS contained hundreds of thousands of errors related to vlogger and the missing Perl module.

10. pakogah

pakogah New Member