ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Oct 16, 2009.

1. wammy28

wammy28 New Member

Thanks Till, I'll try it. I'm away from my office. I'll do it this holiday.

2. mmidgett

mmidgett Member

On Ubuntu 9.04 64bit host with 32bit VM I upgraded from 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.6 - There was some errors at the bottom of the scrip about "then" but didn't seem to affect anything. All services started. As far as I know of everything is working except were it overwrote my https config on my ispconfig interface. Will post more are I tinker tonight with it.

3. wammy28

wammy28 New Member

Dear Till
    I check my server. The apache, mysql are running. I had reboot my server. Now when I go to the login page. I can't log in due to unrecognize password. When I call phpmyadmin or webmail, I get blank page. I can login to the server by ssh.You can try at http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/phpmyadmin or webmail. These were happened after I upgrade to 3.0.16.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. sonicscott

sonicscott New Member

I have a similar issue (can't log into the ISPConfig control interface).

I believe I know what the cause of this is: I typed in the wrong mysql root password during the update process and hit enter before I realized it. :eek:

Now for the interesting bit: How do I fix this and get the correct mysql root password in there. I tried to re-apply the update, but it said there were no updates available.

Thanks!

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Use the manual update procedure as described in the first post of this thread.

6. wammy28

wammy28 New Member

I remove the old one and try to install the programs which need for each steps. Now It's back and working again. I will test and look for errors.

7. sonicscott

sonicscott New Member

Tried this and after entering the correct mysql password (I tested the password from the command line) I received this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 199

8. aclasse

aclasse New Member

db error after update

After i updated from Version 3.0.1.3 to 3.0.1.6 some sql tables hasn't any data inside the tables where there but whitout data. While I was updating I got the following error: ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 101: Unknown column 'user' in 'field list'
    When i started to insert the old data some tables change the format so i had to restore the whole table.

I think it is not so good to use version 3.0.1.6 with the database from 3.0.1.3

Has anybody a good idea how to proceed?

Thanks for tips!

9. till

Looks as if you changed some tables manually or you had a svn version installed and not the officially released 3.0.1.3, as the data from version 3.0.1.3 fits perfectly into the 3.0.1.6 database if you did not changed or modified any tables manually. This explains also why the update has failed, you can not update ispconfig if you applied any manual modifications to the tables.

10. sonicscott

sonicscott New Member

Till,

Any ideas for my specific error message above (I have not changed anything in the database and I have never used svn - always the stable release versions)?

Thanks!

11. wammy28

wammy28 New Member

Till,
    Now my server ispconfig 3.0.1.6 works fine. However i can't go to squirrelmail and phpmyadmin again. Everytime I call these pages from http://myipaddress/phpmyadmin or /webmail I will got blank page. Before I can see these pages. I can browse table and database. After I config my website, they've gone again.
    Another error is mysqladmin command
    doesn't work. The error is this.
    I try to put 8080 port after the url or ip address. They work both webmail and phpmyadmin. Now I can log to phpmyadmin and webmail by port 8080. I dig to this forum and found some solutions. If i want to remove the port number what I have to do next.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  12. aclasse

aclasse New Member

db error after update

Hello Till,

thx for your replay i inserted everything from the backup and it semms to work fine :)
    I only made one change:In sys_config i changed the value :)

But another question is:
    When i update is it possible to leave my configs as they are? for example I made changes to the postfix conf?

BR Andreas

13. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad New Member

You should get the option in update.php to choose whether or not to reconfigure the installed apps. Just say no and your configs won't be touched.

14. manarak

manarak Member

Hello

I am going to upgrade from ISPC 3.0.13 to 3.0.16.

I chose the manual procedure, because the automatic one somehow doesn't work with putty, the screen freezes in the middle of the untar output (list of files being untarred).

I am stuck at the question "reconfigure services?"

What consequences does this choice have?
    What will precisely happening if I select "yes" and what will happen if I select "no"?

Are there other similar questions after that one?

15. till

Yes will reconfigure services and write new config files and no will leave the config files alone. If you choose no, then some services may not work correctly with the new ispconfig release anymore.

16. yoplait

yoplait Member

It should be great to know the list of the files that would be changed... Is it in the possible for next releases ?

17. till

You can see this in SVN. An ISPConfig update always replaces all files.

18. yoplait

yoplait Member

All files like apache.conf ? my.cnf ? php.ini ? squirrelmail conf ? ...etc ?

Wahou, I didn't thought that ...

19. till

No. I'am talking about ispconfig files not all your linux system files... Most of the files you mentioned are never been edited by ispconfig, neither on install nor on updates.