ISPConfig 3.0.2 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voidzero

voidzero New Member

Great work, thanks a lot devs :D

How can I switch from mydns to pdns or bind?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. voidzero

voidzero New Member

Oh. *blush*
    Thanks. :)

4. voidzero

voidzero New Member

The move to bind is pretty straightforward. Do the same techniques apply to a move to powerdns (Remove mydns, install pdns, update ispconfig3, reconfigure services)? What if I need powerdns (or bind) to make use of the many zones that mydns currently has... any pointers?

5. till

As I described in my post in the other thread, you have to update every zone. The BIND setup is a file based and the file of a zone gets written when a zone gets updated or created. If you have a lt of zones, you might have to write a script which uses the datalogUpdate function from the ispconfig database connection class to change a value like the TTL for every zone.

For powerdns, you have to create additioanlly a database and setup mysql permissions and manually activate the plugin. You find instructions for that inside the powerdns plugin which is in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/pligins-available. I recommend to use BIND if you dont want to use mydns.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  6. andypl

andypl Member

traffic quota website

I set the limit for the traffic test some web pages and, although this limit is exceeded, nothing happens. Thus, why did you make this option?

7. till

The website gets deactivated automatically on the next (nightly) run of the cronjob.

8. andypl

andypl Member

I run the script manually from cron /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh and no blocked the page

9. till

It works on my systems. You should check if the website traffic is really over quota. If you are absolutley sure, you can post a bugreport and we will check it then.

10. andypl

andypl Member

Still does not work

Harddisk Quota set to 20MB
    Traffic Quota set to 20MB

Statistic show me traffic for this website 840MB on this month

This website has been created after upgrade from version 3.0.1.6

11. till

You are aware that the traffic view for the website is in KB and not MB while the traffic field in the website is in MB?

12. andypl

andypl Member

To confirm that it does not work in the attachments are the screenshots of the settings of traffic/website statistics/phpmyadmin table web_traffic

Attached Files:

13. till

Then make a bugreport as I suggested in my first answer so we can try to find out for the next release why it does not work on some systems.

14. reason8

reason8 Member

What's the default username and password for that account? I have serveral sites (which I know the pw for) but you are saying login as the superuser for ISPConfig.

Thanks!

15. till

You have to login as mysql root user.

16. reason8

reason8 Member

That worked! I did receive this error after installation because I am using port 8081 for tomcat:

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:8081
    (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8081
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs
    startproc: exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork: 1
    ..failed
    Starting httpd2 (prefork) Shutting down pure-ftpd..done
    Starting pure-ftpd..done
    Update finished.

Does this make a difference? What is trying to access the port? I am running ISP3 on port 80 (websites) and the CPanel on 8080

Thanks!!

17. till

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.