ISPConfig 3.0.3 Beta 1 ready for testing

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Jul 28, 2010.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The beta version of the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.3 release is available for downlod. This ISPConfig version is the first beta of the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.3 series. Beta versions are released for testing purposes, it is not recommended to use them on production systems.

Changelog

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=28&status[]=

Download

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.3-beta1.tar.gz

Update instructions

Code:
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.3-beta1.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.0.3-beta1.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php
    Enabling the new dashboard module

To enable the new dashboard module for the admin user, click on:

System > CP Users > Edit User, then click on admin, enable the checkbox "dashboard" in the module list and select "dashboard" as Startmodule. Then click on save. Logout from ispconfig and then login again.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. xaver

xaver New Member

Hi,

looks good!
    I tried in SVN awstats and it works fine, but with ruby and webdav i had problems with installtion under debian lenny.
    I used some tutorials form howtofroge.
    Anywhere a setup guide?

thx

3. till

There are no updated guides available yet beside the guides that you find in the docs folder. To install ruby on debian, just run:

Code:
    apt-get install libapache2-mod-ruby
    /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

4. xaver

xaver New Member

Hi,

i found a bug.
    I updatet 1 testsystem. Activatet Domain only Admin .... And i go with the Admin into a Domain. I get a selectbox (no changing as admin) and the box was empty.
    I switched back and the input was filled.

And HTML to create a new domain add always a lot of tabs.

5. till

I dont get this behaviour on my servers. I can create and edit websites as admin user without any problems or any empty select fields.

Edit:

Maybe you had a interface session open during update. Try to logout and then relogin as admin user. Always close the ispconfig interface during update or at least relogin after the update.

6. xaver

xaver New Member

Ok the frist Propblem is away -> i changed nothing and i logged out before Oo

Setting
    [​IMG]

Add a new Website:
    [​IMG]

7. till

Ok. You enabled the domain module on your system which is used to restrict the domain names for clients and admin by a select field but you forgot to add any domains, thats why the select field is empty. So there is no bug, it is the correct behaviour for systems that have the domain module enabled. The domain module is experimental and deactivated by default.

To set your sytsem to the default state again, click on system > interface config > domains and disable the checkbox "Use the domain-module to add new domains".

8. xaver

xaver New Member

i added some domains before i did the update

Domain config -> enable -> i cant add Domain -> (2 Screenshoot i logged as Admin)

9. till

You dont have the domain module enabled, so you can not have added any domains. Otherwise it would show up in your menu. To enable the domain module, click on system > cp users > admin and enable the "doamin" module in the modules list. then relogin.

So your question should have been "Where can I add domain names for the domain module" or "How to enable the domain module" and not "i found a bug" ;)

10. xaver

xaver New Member

If you use this module, your customers can only select one of the domains the admin creates for them. They can not free edit the domain-field.You have to re-login after changing this value, to make the changes visible.
    -> I'm logged as admin (your customers can only select one of the domains the admin creates for them). And i cant change domains as admin. I feel like a customers as admin with this setting.

11. till

No, you dont have activated the domain module according to your screenshots. The domain module is a icon in the upper menu. So please do what I told you in #9 to actiivate it.

12. xaver

xaver New Member

sry sry sry :(

What is the thing with the tabulators

13. till

Most likely a formatting issue. The field is for html input, so you will not see the tabs in the output. But I will check if they are nescessary or can be removed.

14. Germanius

Germanius Member

Where do I find the option to backup an account? Cant find it.

And if I enable all modules e.g. for admin i got a second row in the topnavi. One symbol is in the second row, thats ugly. One row would be better?

15. xaver

xaver New Member

go as Admin in a Website -> near by stats is backup config
    I tried it some days ago but the backup folder is empty

16. till

Most likely you missed to install sudo, which is a requirement for the backup function.

17. till

Simply not enough space in the upper menu and we can not make the icons much smaller. Currently there are two possibilitys, switch the admin user to a the default_no_navimg theme or disable a module like tools or help. This affects only the admin and not clients or resellers, as they have less modules anyway.

18. xaver

xaver New Member

its nice overview of the webspace usage, but no KB or MB in the list

Linux user Used space Soft limit Hard limit
    xyd.tld web1 76 0 0

-> xyd.tld web1 76 MB/KB... 0 0

19. Germanius

Germanius Member

I see nothing..
    Only xyd.tld web1, the rest is empty.

20. till

On my system it shows the size in kb and mb. Th kb and mb are added by the repquota command on linux and not ispconfig. So if the command on your system does not format the output with kb and mb, then ispconfig will not show it too.