ISPConfig 3.0.4.6 available

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jun 18, 2012.

1. tuxfan

tuxfan New Member

I´m running one master with two slaves, using 3.0.4.1 (debian 5 on master and debian 6 on slaves) - planing on upgrading to 3.0.4.6

This thing of the master first is new to me - i have always done the opposite, but I´ll give it a try. Upgrading a master-slave cluster is quite a nervous project.

But what I wonder - do I have to update the database during the upgrade? There´s a lot that can mess upp on upgrading the database so I´d rather not.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The database gets always updated. But i guess you mean the database permission, they dont have to be updated for minor releases like in your case.

3. tuxfan

tuxfan New Member

Thanks!

Another thing I remeber Is that I always have to edit the postfix configurations after upgrading - removing the amavis filter(again).

I have removed amavis from the system a long time ago - but the update scripts usualy configures the service anyway - making the mailserver dysfunctional.

Can I avoid this by chosing "no" on "Reconfigure Services?" ?

4. till

Yes. But you should be aware that new functions that has been introduced into the latest ispconfig version will not work then. In your case, there were no new functions as its a minor update, but if the update would be a major update, you should reconfigure services.

5. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Any news on version 3.0.5?

6. till

ISPConfig versions will be released when the are ready. If you want to get noticed when a version is released, then you can subscribe to the ispconfig newsletter or twitter feed.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  7. grungy

grungy Member

I upgraded to 3.0.4.6 from 3.0.4.4 and now I have a problem with adding clients. I get a blank screen when clicking on Save button or Limits button. After that I can not LoginAs the client and when I go to System tab/Edit user the client I added is not in the list.

8. till

Do you get any errors in the apache error.log?
    Did you modify any sourcecode in ispconfig or the dataase structure?
    Do you use the ispconfig billing module or any other third party addon for ispconfig?

9. grungy

grungy Member

No errors, no modifications to database, using "Roundcube with integration to ISPConfig 3" from http://repo.web-wack.at/ispconfig3/

10. till

Ok. Maybe some files were not replaced correctly during update. Please rerun the update by using these commands:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php
    to see if this fixes the issue. Before you do that, check that the mysql root pssword in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mysql_clientdb.conf is correct.

11. grungy

grungy Member

I can find /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf
    it contains
    Code:
    $clientdb_host                  = 'localhost';
    $clientdb_user                  = 'root';
    $clientdb_password              = 'PASSWORD1';

and I can login to mysql as user root with password PASSWORD1, but that was not the root password I setup initially. I can still login with both password for user root.

I did follow your instructions
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

did not work

12. grungy

grungy Member

Code:
    mysql> SELECT user,host,password FROM mysql.user WHERE user = 'root' ORDER BY host ASC;
    +------+-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
    | user | host                          | password                                  |
    +------+-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
    | root | %                                    | *E6-------------------------------------- |
    | root | 127.0.0.1                         |  blank password                                 |
    | root | remote.host1                    | *E6-------------------------------------- |
    | root | remote.host2                    | *E6-------------------------------------- |
    | root | localhost                           | *E6-------------------------------------- |
    | root | localhost.localdomain         |  blank password                                |

13. till

There should never be a balnk password in mysql as it would allow to connect to your server without password e.g. trough phpmyadmin. Please set the same root password for all root users in mysql and set the same password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf and restart mysql and redor the ispconfig update afterwards.

14. grungy

grungy Member

ok, will do that, FYI I did not set a blank password nor did I add something manually to mysql_clientdb.conf, this might be something related to all those ispconfig upgrades I do....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  15. till

No, its not related to a ispconfig update.

The emüpty root password means that you have not set this password for all root users at the time you installed the mysql binary of the linux distribution and the password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf is set once when you install ispconfig the first time, it is not altered by a ispconfig update. This file contains the password that you entered into the ispconfig installer when the installer asked for the mysql root password, if you alter the mysql root password in mysql at any later time, you have to update it in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf as well or ispconfig will not be able to install updates anymore or create client databases.

16. grungy

grungy Member

- /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf has the correct password
    - no more empty root passwords
    - run the ispconfig update

the problem is still there

17. till

Then there must be a error logged to the global apache error.log.

18. grungy

grungy Member

yes you are right

Code:
    PHP Warning:  exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/client/client_edit.php
    in

/var/log/apache2/error.log

19. grungy

grungy Member

solved this error by adding

Code:
            php_admin_value suhosin.executor.func.blacklist "shell_exec"

to

/etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost

so when I do an upgrade this entry will be gone :) I now remember this happened once before

20. tuxfan

tuxfan New Member

Does ISPConfig 3.0.4.6 work with the new Debian 7 (Wheezy)?