ISPconfig 3.1 backup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by empi, Sep 26, 2016.

1. empi

empi New Member

Hello, I dont't see any existing backups for website. I have set up weekly backups and 3 of backup copies. But it took two weeks and I don't see any existing backups in ISPconfig admin panel and on FTP aren't any backups too. Where is the backup config file or log?

2. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

There was a thread earlier today about the fact that the backup files are owned by root and not the client in 3.1rc. Something to do with not wanting the backup files to count toward the quota. Do a thread search on backup 3.1 and quota

3. empi

empi New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check that you have sudo and zip installed.

5. empi

empi New Member

I have installed both.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  6. empi

empi New Member

So where can be the problem? In which log I can find some answers?

7. webguyz

I would probably start looking at the ispcfg3 code and look for the code before and after the 3 NULL's.
    If your not comfortable with that then just wait until others start updating to 3.1 and see if anyone else using this script has issues.

Cwispy the author is fairly active on this forum. He might have some ideas.

8. till

You posted here in the ispconfig addons forum, so your question can not be about the internal ispconfig backup functions. so which external backup software from which vendor are you using and how did you integrate it into ispconfig?

9. empi

empi New Member

Sorry till, I was thinking, that default backup in ISPconfig is external addon, such as postfix in mail, so I have to create new topic in other category?

10. webguyz

I think I responded to the wrong thread. Sorry

11. till

I'll move your thread to the right forum. Regarding ispconfig's internal backup function, enable debug mode and then check the ispconfig.log file in /var/log/ispconfig/ the next day to see if it contains any backup related errors.