ISPConfig 3.1 Centos 7 additional PHP Version 7.4

Discussion in 'General' started by svenner, Oct 19, 2020.

1. svenner

svenner New Member

hi,

is there a tutorial for installing PHP 7.4 as additional PHP version on a Centos 7 server with ISPConfig 3.1 ?

thanks

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I use https://github.com/SergiX44/ISPC-PHPCompiler
    it is very easy and tells you which paths to use. You can add the additional version under system -> Additional PHP versions and copy the paths from the cli to the UI.

svenner likes this.
  3. svenner

svenner New Member

wow, thanks for that answer, i will try it

Th0m likes this.
  4. svenner

svenner New Member

the script works great, i have running the script on my test-server. The only thing i have to change manually was the user and group (apache) in the www.conf file in the php-fpm.d directory, after that the service comes up

now i will run it on my production server, hope it will work as well

thanks again

EDIT: i can install php version 7.3 and 7.4 and the both services are running on ispconfig, but when change the php version of the website (its an nextcloud page) to 7.3 or 7.4 i got an internal server error

i cant find a error, when i change the php version to 7.2 the nexctloud page is running, but with 7.3 or 7.4 the page won't load (internal serer error)

i dont know if some php modules are missing ??

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Th0m likes this.
  5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My first guess is indeed some PHP modules are missing.
    Compare what php modules you have installed for PHP 7.2. You then install tne same modules for PHP 7.3 and 7.4.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Check the site error log and php daemon error log and you might get a pointer to what specific module is missing, or other issue.