ISPConfig 3.1 - The server responded: 451 4.3.0 (no send or receive)

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Harvey Sharman, Oct 4, 2016.

1. @till Thank you for the tutorial for Centos. Appreciated.

Have a minor problem after the new install. I followed the tutorial for ISPConfig 3.1 on Centos 7.2 with Postfix, Apache2, Dovecot and Mariadb etc. So all good, I can login to the new ISPConfig interface and create a new domain and email account and correct ports open with right hostname.domain.ltd. MxToolbox site show it is working. The problem is when testing, no emails arrive and when I send by using Microsoft Outlook, I get 'Send test email message: The server responded: 451 4.3.0. When I email a test from my other ISP to this new server, nothing comes in. So I can login to Roundcube ok but no emails can send or receive. I can send if I use my other SMTP mail server. The system state monitor on ISPConfig shows this State: ok (0 unknown, 0 info, 0 warning, 0 critical, 0 error). Am I missing something in Postfix .cf files??
    SEE MAIL LOG BELOW,

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try this:

touch /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
    postmap /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

3. Run both commands and it says 'Cannot Touch /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman No such file or directory'
    'fatal Open /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman No such file or directory'
    I did not install Mailman at all after installing Centos. It seems to depend on it. I don't need Mailman. I skipped this.

Thanks
    Harvey

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. till

run:

mkdir /etc/mailman
    touch /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
    postmap /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

5. Good grief thank you till, that sorted that. You are good.
    Not sure if you know why I received this from the 'Amavisd' as had an email on the server with error 'This delivery report was generated by the program amavisd-new at host ... Our internal reference code for your message is
    08922-02/vo0Q67JUslhJ
    INVALID HEADER: MISSING REQUIRED HEADER FIELD
    Missing required header field: "Date"

Cannot send over SSL port 465 or TLS 587. Only none SSL port 25. I have not configured or uncomment anything in Postfix main.cf or master.cf yet.

Harvey Sharman

6. till

Seems as if the sending email client missed to add a required field.

you have to remove the # from the smtps and submission lines in master.cf and restart postfix.

7. Thank you till all sorted :)