ISpconfig 3.1p1 + SPF records.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vk3heg, Nov 14, 2016.

1. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

I downloaded the new ispconfig 3.1 manual after having upgraded from the old version. Have read it all, and then went to configure the SPF support, I'm getting this error from bind.

Is there something that I'm just not seeing in the manual or ispconfig when configuring a SPF record? Do i just use the SPF button in the records for the zone or is there more steps?

Bind log:
    14-Nov-2016 11:04:03.845 general: warning: zone domain.com.au/IN: 'domain.com.au' found SPF/TXT record but no SPF/SPF record found, add matching type SPF record

zone file:
    $TTL 3600
    @ IN SOA ns1.domain.com.au. admin.domain.com.au. (
    2016111402 ; serial, todays date + todays serial #
    7200 ; refresh, seconds
    540 ; retry, seconds
    1209600 ; expire, seconds
    86400 ) ; minimum, seconds
    ;
    domaint.com.au. 3600 A 192.168.1.10
    www 3600 A 103.192.173.105
    domain.com.au. 3600 MX 10 mx.domain.com.au.
    domain.com.au. 3600 NS ns1.domain.com.au.
    domain.com.au. 3600 TXT "v=spf1 a a:mx.domain.com.au -all"

2. kerrsmith

kerrsmith Member

If you use the following site it is pretty good at letting you know if there are any errors with your email setup and offers suggestions as to what is wrong:

https://www.mail-tester.com

3. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

The email server works fine. It;s the spf records in the dns that I'm having issues with. (Only testing on a domain that doesn't send or receive emails).

4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

This is just a warning. I don't know why bind wants a deprecated SPF-Records. Besider this, the most spf-checks are using a query for TXT and not for SPF. So leave it as it is.

5. kerrsmith

kerrsmith Member

I mentioned the mail tester site as it tests for lots of different things and gives you information about anything that is not set up correctly (such as SPF records) which is quite handy if you are trying to track down an issue.