ISPConfig 3.2 - Update

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Nov 14, 2018.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3.1.14 will get released within 2 weeks, I will move some of the tasks listed for 3.1.14 to 3.1.15 to get the release ready as it contains the certbot issue workaround. I guess I will prepare a 3.2 alpha version then to get more users involved in 3.2 testing.

2. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

Im guessing you have run into problems as it has been a mouth since the update news about 3.1.14. Is there a new ETA for the release?

3. till

I expect that I will be able to finish it in about 2 weeks.

elCorazon and budgierless like this.
  4. bch

bch Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    ahrasis, elmacus and till like this.
  5. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Will you give client support to PostgreSQL v10? It is the contemporary and free-of-charge database solution to replace the old-school mysql. :D

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What is the status of the new addon/plugin system? I'm playing with postfwd on the server backend, with an eye to how it would integrate into ISPConfig well, does that sound like a candidate for being an add-on (down the road, I'm guessing) or better to be right in core (in shorter term, possibly 3.1.x release)?

till likes this.
  7. till

I would say postfwd is a good candidate to integrate it into the core. It should just be integrated in a way that its use is optional, so if the installer or updater does not detect it, then donÄt add the config for it to the postfix config files and maybe add a checkbox under system > server config > mail to enable / disable postfwd. That way we can integrate it into the 3.1 series.

felan and chaosad like this.
  8. noticed that the last post was in october 2019. has there been any progress on 3.2? I know there is a lot to do on it.

budgierless likes this.
  9. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

10. till

We focus on 3.1 branch at the moment and several features planned for 3.2 have been built into 3.1 series.

ahrasis likes this.
  11. boman.de

boman.de New Member

What yould you think about using Cockpit (machines) KVM and Docker as a quick and dirty workaround? Haven't testet yet with ispconfig and a jailkit ssh but it looks like not so much work.

12. till

There is actually no easy workaround as each new technology needs to be implemented from scratch, they are quite different. KVM is probably a good choice for a new VM module, docker is not suited for this purpose. And jailkit is no virtualization solution.

13. boman.de

boman.de New Member

Hello Till, I think you missunderstood my point. Maybe I was too inaccurate. I know that there is no easy way to implement. And of course I know that jailkit and docker are no VM tools.

My point is with cockpit-project.org (can't post links) you have a well proven web-based network interface (doing much more than just the interface thing). It is easy installable on all newer distros. In addition with cockpit-machines package, qemu and libvirt it is already useable to manage VMs (plus Docker containers). My Jailkit point was because by default Cockpit uses the ssh machine access for authentication and I only allow jailed access to customers.

For sure it is much better implementing a real VM management into ispconfig (as a plugin). I just think that some people in the ispconfig community who don't want to wait or need to manage VMs could check it out.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    till likes this.