ISPConfig 3 and Debian Jessie

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ZeroEnna, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Plutocrat

Plutocrat New Member

I did the dist-upgrade from 7 to 8. The only thing that didn't work when I'd finished was fail2ban, which failed on loading the sasl jail. After poking around a bit, I found that creating the file /etc/fail2ban/filters.d/sasl.conf with the following content fixed it.

[Definition]
    failregex = (?i): warning: [-._\w]+\[<HOST>\]: SASL (?:LOGIN|PLAIN|(?:CRAM|DIGEST)-MD5) authentication failed:) [ A-Za-z0-9+/]*={0,2})?\s*$
    ignoreregex =

2. Raziel

Raziel New Member

The /etc/fail2ban/filters.d/sasl.conf problem in Debian 8 Jessie, is the missing ignoreregex = part.

3. Plutocrat

Plutocrat New Member

No, the file contents as stated above work. The ignoreregex= statement can be empty. The problem was the whole file was missing!

4. Raziel

Raziel New Member

I didn't said that ignoreregex cannot be empty, I said that it's missing from a fresh install of fail2ban package on Debian 8 Jessie.

5. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

I have a brand new install of this and i see the same error as described in the picture any resolution on this ?

6. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

you should recompile jailkit, check for the latest version 2.19
    What does your mount entry in /etc/fstab look ( quota part ) maybe peak into newer howto to check against

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

8. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

Hallo Till, yes i have and i re-installed an new vm still having the same error that the service will not start as it is the first service to start is there a way i can change the service order so let say i can have it start afterwards?

9. Raziel

Raziel New Member

What issues do you have, exactly ?