ISPconfig 3 Autoinstaller script

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mrbronz, Mar 3, 2023.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

2. mrbronz

mrbronz Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks, ahrasis that did it.

But how do I access ispconfig, I usually would access it via [serverIP]:8080, but that doesn't seem to work.
    I have checked if I can see the usual "This is the default page for this site... etc" with just the [serverip] but nothing
    Apache is running.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. mrbronz

Never mind I got it, the IP addresses is still DHCP and not yet set to static

ahrasis likes this.
  4. mrbronz

I seem to have made abooboo how do I reset the fireall to defaults, I cannot do anything with the server remotely since I set the fire wall ports,
    I set them as described https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    20,21,22,25,53,80,110,143,443,465,587,993,995,8080,8081,40110:40210.
    But ALL traffic is blocked cannot even get a ping response

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

print the current status to debug later:
    Code:
    iptables -S
    ufw status
    then disable ufw:
    Code:
    ufw disable

ahrasis likes this.
  6. mrbronz

OK, server rebuilt but cannot reach a site I have created, "Yes I do own the site domain"
    Also SSL certs are not being created

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

8. mrbronz

If I change the mysql root password, are there any other locations that it needs to be changed in a fresh install?

9. mrbronz

Hi Taleman,
    I think updating these posts might be a good idea; one is six years old, and one is ten years old.
    A lot has changed in ISPC3 in that time.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Both posts are completely up to date. One post shows that it was last updated Mar 24, 2022, and the other one shows the last updated date Feb 26, 2023.

I'm curious now, so what has been changed in ISPConfig that is not in line with the info found in these two posts? I'm sure you can tell me the exact details as you won't have claimed such a thing otherwise, right?

ahrasis and Th0m like this.
  11. mrbronz

Hey Wooow there till....

Friend here! No need to shoot me down in flames for making a mistake!

Explanation; I saw the date of the post, but I was not aware that it had been updated,
    I recall at some point on here regarding certbots and acme.sh script, which was not used on some of my previous installations, and wrongly thought they might be outdated because of them.

I didn't mean to offend or have a go at anyone.

FYI; I have just started donating again to this project.

ahrasis and till like this.
  12. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, you must change it in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf .
    I found that info with Internet Search Engines using
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com ispconfig mysql root password

ahrasis likes this.
  13. mrbronz

OK... yes i am being lazy.... :(

14. mrbronz

Hi all
    One last thing before I have to rebuild both my DNS, i have one little question.
    I have rebuilt my main server from scratch. I have had glue records inserted/updated with my domain provider. I have had reverse DNS installed with my internet provider. I have deleted and reinstalled ISPConfig on my current DNS servers.
    but still, when I do a dig using my new IP addresses pointing at my DNS servers, I get my old IP addresses
    dig @92.27.140.49 any gregson.me.uk

I think this is why my domain name is not resolving, as I can get to it using the public IP 92.27.140.48 but not with the name gregson.me.uk

Any idea why I am getting my old IP addresses?

15. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Normally because the new one is not properly propagated yet. If done correctly it could take up to 72 hours sometimes.

16. mrbronz

Yes it is propagated I have been checking on https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/gregson.me.uk

17. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yet dig shows otherwise, so basically no, it is still not properly propagated yet.

18. mrbronz

Thanks for the input ahrasis

Then this proves there is something wrong as the records were done more than 72 hours on Monday to be correct (144 hours).
    Never mind. I will try something else.

19. mrbronz

Is there a way to flush the DNS cache for ispconfig?

20. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What do you mean? ISPConfig does not do any DNS caching itself, your system / ISP's DNS servers might.