ISPconfig 3 Autoinstaller script

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mrbronz, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Certainly. Not in ISPConfig Panel, though, flushing dns cache is done using the name server tools. I have never needed to flush cache on my name servers so I do not know how it is done.
    However, testing your domain with DNS tools shows errors, two versions for NS IP-addresses, for example. I assumed you had already used https://intodns.com/gregson.me.uk

Th0m likes this.
  2. mrbronz

mrbronz Member HowtoForge Supporter

So how do I clear the cache on them? I have changed everything apart from the operating system but still when I do a
    dig @92.27.140.49 any gregson.me.uk or dig @92.27.140.50 any gregson.me.uk I still get my old IP addresses

3. mrbronz

Hi taleman,
    How can i be getting an MX record with "10 martin.gregson.me.uk 212.159.96.41 212.159.96.42"
    and "www.gregson.me.uk A record is: www.gregson.me.uk [212.159.96.42] "

When the glue and rDNS have been updated?

4. mrbronz

Do I need to rebind?

5. Taleman

That is what you have written in the zone.
    Code:
    $ host martin.gregson.me.uk
    martin.gregson.me.uk has address 212.159.96.42
    martin.gregson.me.uk has address 212.159.96.41
    The above indicates you have two A records for martin.gregson.me.uk. Usually this is not desirable, but is correct. This double definition is the reason you get both 212.159.96.41 and 212.159.96.42 for martin (which is MX record for your domain).
    Code:
    $ host www.gregson.me.uk
    www.gregson.me.uk has address 212.159.96.42

Like you wrote, www has that IP. That fact has nothing to do with MX record or martin, however.
    intodns reported "Looks like the A records (the GLUE) got from the parent zone check are different than the ones got from your nameservers. ". My guess is you have registered your domain with somehow not proper name servers, but I do not have more exact guess what.

6. Taleman

I do not know what that means. I have in my bookshelf "DNS and Bind" by Albitz and Liu, good reading to understand domain name system.

7. mrbronz

Actually I'm not as mad as I thought nor am I as dumb as you may think.
    All the dig information was coming from the files in /etc/bind. From what I can gather pri.mydomain.com file is created when a new zone is created. This file is then updated with any new Dns records created.
    When I rebuilt my main server this broke the link with the two nameservers. So when a dig command was carried out such as dig @123.234.234.123 mydomain.com it will only see the pri.mydomain.com file with all the old. Ip addresses, as there can only be one pri file for each zone it cannot be recreated.
    So my question about rebinding was not such a silly question. However I now need to find out how the bind works so I can understand a little more.

8. Taleman

There should indeed be only one zone file per zone, but surely it can be recreated or updated.
    If you continue troubleshooting, please show what output you see for commands, like that dig @someting somedomain.
    Are your nameservers set up with ISPConfig? Are they provided by your service provider? Have you set up name servers yourself, installing Debian and bind and configuring files in /etc/bind manually?

9. mrbronz

A quick question for you.
    When a DNS zone is created, should the pri.domain.com file be simultaneously created in the main server and both NS servers /etc/bind location?
    What could stop them if they are not created in the NS servers?

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What kind of setup do you use? How is your DNS mirrored, do you use ISPConfigs internal mirroring in a multiserver setup or do you use BIND slave zones? And also. do you have 3 DNS servers, as you talk about a main server and two additional DNS servers?

11. mrbronz

Hi Till

I installed the main server using your install script for my main web and email server. I am using two separate machines to run the Nameservers 1 and 2, I used ispconfig, following a perfect server installation for multi-server setup to install the two NS but they have been installed for a while now.
    Please pardon my ignorance of understanding how they are mirrored.
    Yes, I do have 3 servers but have not set up the main server as a Nameserver. This set up was working fine from my original installation with the same setup that I did a couple of years ago.
    I believe that the mirroring is done internally with the aid of ISPC3.
    As I do not know fully how bind services work, I cannot answer your question.

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make a screenshot of System > server settings of the DNS server 2 and also post a screenshot of the DNS zone you created (both tabs of the zone, records tab and the second tab as well.

13. mrbronz

OK here you go:-
    PLease let me know if I have got this right

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  14. Taleman

I can not see A records for ns1 and ns2.

mrbronz likes this.
  15. mrbronz

Thought this might be of interest

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  16. mrbronz

Really sorry, I thought they were created auto magically!

Now there is!

17. mrbronz

Whoop Whoop... Im back up and running, thanks to you guys :)

As soon as I can I will post exactly what I did wrong and how I/we put it right

Thank you thank you thank you!

18. mrbronz

I thought I might be able to work these last 2 errors out for myself...
    Certs are not working ie https and cannot log on to any email accounts on the IPC3 server.
    I'm sure they are not related because

I know I have had a similar issue regarding the certs before and was helped and guided on the forum. But cannot seem to find the post for it.

I have managed to access my RC webmail with HTTP.
    I am getting an error "Invalid request! No data was saved" when I attempt to log on to an email account.

Any pointers will be well received.

19. Taleman

Are they Let's Encrypt certs? If yes, then follow Let's Encrypt FAQ. But I told you that in #27.
    What happens when you try to log in? Using which URL?

20. mrbronz

Hi Taleman
    THank you for your time.
    Yes, I saw that request as #27 and followed it. There was no output to post as requested.
    I have tried with SSL and with lets encrypt. But still nothing.

I can use HTTP://gregson.me.uk/mymail
    I have created a test account [email protected] and pw letmein123