ISPconfig 3 - awstats

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Mouton, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dclardy

dclardy Member

Is there anyway to see if ISPCOnfig 3 has recognized the plug-in?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Enable debuggging in ispconfig (see ispconfig faq for details).

3. dclardy

dclardy Member

I was looking around in the plugins-available and plugins-enabled folders. The awstats plugin was placed in the plugins-available folder by me.

Does ISPConfig use it if that is the case? If not, how do I enable it? Is it done through the interface or do I just copy the file to the other folder?

Thanks.

4. dclardy

dclardy Member

@BorderAmigos:

In your tutorial, you forgot to mention that you have to place the plugin in the plugins-enabled folder. Adding that to the folder solved the problem.

Thanks.

5. till

Do not put the plugin in the plugins-enabled folder or it might get removed on the next update. Plugins have to be in the plugins-available folder and then create a symlink in the plugins-enabled folder to the plugin in the plugins-available folder.

6. paxpacis

paxpacis Member

Hi,

first of al thanks.. I needed awstats on my ispconfig3 server.. :)

How did you solve the /awstats-icon/ 'problem' al the images are not shown on my awstats page. Did you changed the apache config or did you add something per site?

p.s. maybe you can team-up with DJ Tremors, I use his version of awstats on my ispconfig2 servers.

http://www.djtremors.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=139

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  7. astewart

astewart ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Correct, you should have a 'awstats.conf' file that contains the following:
    On my setup (Ubuntu), I have the awstats.conf file located in:
    /etc/apache2/conf.d

And make sure your 'apache2.conf' has this included at the end of the file:
    Keeping this in mind, like I said, this is how I have it setup on my Ubuntu Server and the location of where awstats is installed.

8. djtremors

djtremors ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hey all, I'm subscribed to this thread and am in the middle (almost done) of working on an awstats mod similar to that of the ispc2 version.

It works by browsing /stats which authenticates you and takes you to a /ispcstats/awstats.pl?config=www.{domain}.tld page and ensures you cannot access any other config other than the ones you own.

It creates/updates/delete based on client and site changes, it can be told to update all or single entries so if you want to forcibly update all users and all domains rather than just the one you added/edited/deleted then it will do so.

It's been taking a while as I've written it one way only to find I can optimize it more and more and more and keep rewriting it..LOL...

I've also been avoiding using exec() and whatever else I've seen in the past which caused some grief to some people but need volunteers on stuff like suPHP etc as I don't use it but happy to write a flexible plugin to manage different configurations.

PM me on the type of configuration you would need and any info that may help me from running into trouble as I have little time on my hands.

George (Dj Tremors).

9. paxpacis

paxpacis Member

Hi

I had this one but it did not contain your additions.

I ended up with this config as yours disable ALL my other sites ;)

Code:
    Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/share/awstats/classes/"
    Alias /awstatscss "/usr/share/awstats/css/"
    Alias /awstats-icon "/usr/share/awstats/icon/"
    #
    # This is to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.
    #
    <Directory "/usr/share/awstats">
    Options None
    AllowOverride [B]All[/B]
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>
    Thanks again, this helped me, I have no icons.. the classes and css do not seem to make a difference..

10. djtremors

OK, I finally got a workable plugin made up. not the best as I problems with certain ideas and had to scrap the code for it and then redo it again etc.

Anyone one to try it out, not tested with suphp or suexec which i'm sure the /ispcstats path will not work for it but happy to make changes for those would want a solution.

http://www.emperor-it.com/component/content/section/5.html

George

11. paxpacis

paxpacis Member

Hi, I will try it out coming week, I use suexec.. let you know how it goes ;)

12. wikidd

wikidd New Member

Any update on ISPC3, Awstats and Jawstats?

I followed the instructions on djtremors website to install the Awstats plugin.

But it doesn't seem to work. When I go to domain.tld/stats I get a redirect to domain.tld/jawstats/?config=domain.tld but its a 404 Error.

I installed jawstats according to the website except didn't know if I had to manually add all the site to the config (hoping the awstats script did that somehow like it does for awstats).

I tried to turn off jawstats and go back to just awstats but when I made jawstats = false in the plugin config the redirect was still pointing to the jawstats directory.

Any help getting this to work is greatly appreciated - at minimum I would be happy with awstats running but ideally would like jawstats.

13. wikidd

wikidd New Member

Update

I just checked the jawstats config file and it looks like it had been updated with the sites :)

Now to just get the stats working instead of the 404 error

14. djtremors

Yes, you need to wait for ISPC to poll for changes before it updates the config files. I'd have to double check what default I placed into this plugin on the site but thought awstats was the default, not jawstats.

Also remember that after installation, you need to wait for the overnight cron to process the web log files before things will start to populate and work properly. You could technically forcefully run the cron to update immediately to see if things work or not and not wait for cron.

15. warlock

warlock Member

@djtremors :

I followed your install and the plugin works to a point, it has generated teh awstats.conf
    When I run the update script it generates the stats files but I can't seem to get to display if I goto www.xxx.com/ispcstats, and I am getting a 404 error

any ideas ?

16. djtremors

http://www.emperor-it.com/component/content/article/38-ispconfig3/56-ispconfig3-awstats.html

if you check on my page above, it says to place the below snip into /etc/apache2/conf.d/awstats.conf, has this been done and apache reloaded? I haven't tested on every distro so can't guarantee would it work on all but will help on request.

Alias /awstats-icon/ /usr/share/awstats/icon/
    ScriptAlias /ispcstats/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

Also, you should be visiting /stats and not directly to /ispcstats unless you know the full url path/config settings.etc.

17. warlock

warlock Member

Ok now have disabled jawstats as I can't get this to work, I have version 0.7 installed but even after I add statsname => "myformat [MM][YYYY].txt I am still getting an error
    The data file being looked for is awstats20109.12volt.co.za.txt in folder :

Anyway, awstats seem to work but I can't login, what's the user and password ?

18. warlock

warlock Member

Hey djtremors,

your step
    6. dit the /etc/awstats/awstats.conf and enabled the setting AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly to 1. This is the protection to stop 1 domain on your host checking the other domains on your system in combination with the per site setting AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingAuthenticatedUsers.

AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=1

This is not required, else what happens is the user gets prompted for 2 logins, once by ispconfigs setting "admin" and then by yours "client name".

As ispconfig has the option to change or set a password for the stats site, the user will be prompted for this anyway.

I had endless problems trying to find out why I am being asked twice.

This now presents a problem if the users edit the web address ?config=example.co.za to another sites address they will have access to those stats.

if you do turn off

you will also need to comment out
    # vi /etc/apache2/conf.d/awstats.conf

AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Site Client Access Only"
    AuthUserFile /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.htpasswd_stats
    <limit GET PUT POST>
    require valid-user
    </limit>

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  19. djtremors

that problem you are now facing is because you removed what you said is not required.. but it is exactly for that reason

/ispcstats is global to all sites, hence all logins are stored in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.htpasswd_stats for this url.

AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=1 forced that users MUST be authenticated (fair enough).

AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingAuthenticatedUsers="adminuser1 ispc3admin" this is a website specific config which says which of those users authenticated have access to this websites stats (this stops cross site access).

www.client1website.com/stats is just a wrapper to preauth the site user(s) and then point to www.client1website.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=www.client1website.com making it easier to type in. User is already authenticated the first time, it should not reauthenticate unless it changes domain.

Check to make sure your ./web/stats/.htaccess file is redirecting to the same website URL

so www.clientsite.com, the file redirect should be

Redirect 301 /stats http://www.clientsite.com/awstats/?config=www.clientsite.com

PS: sorry, not monitoring this thread much.

20. till

Please be aware that ispconfig 3.0.3 includes awsatst support with static pages in the /stats directory. This plugin and the steps here might interfere with the ispconfig 3.0.3 awstats implemenatation and may not work or might destroy the ispconfoig 3.0.3 awsatst setup. I recommend to not use this plugin on ispconfig sstems that are newer then 3.0.2.2