ISPConfig 3 Billing Module

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jul 7, 2011.

1. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

Hi Till,
    i think there is a rather large misunderstanding between us because of our respective language and culture differences. i will try to put it in a more easily understood way...

I like ISPConfig - I think you have built a really nice platform and i have got it running and am really enjoying it.

What i am aiming to do next...I am looking for an alternative to whmcs (which i currently use via an API provided by my Australian wholesaler Synergy on one of their webhosting servers).

I do not wish to stay as a webhosting reseller, my main income right now is from building websites, not hosting. I want to change that...I am wanting to move all of this onto my own google cloud instance. This is why i have been experimenting with ISPconfig. I previously had a couple of setups running through 1. cpanel+whmcs, and 2. Virtualmin+whmcs.

Both are working however, as i said, cpanel+whmcs is through a wholesaler i resell for (Synergy) and the second one Virtualmin+whmcs uses to much system resources. Dont get me wrong, virtualmin is an awesome program however it has an awful lot of capability that i dont want right now. i need a lightweight alternative to virtualmin, that will allow me to use a small GCE instance that is affordable and can grow with my business...i believe ispconfig is that lightweight reliable alternative yes? (it appears to be when i compare my GCE resource monitor)

What i aim to achieve...

1. An administrative control panel for control services on my GCE instance. ISPConfig...done! (I am very happy with ISPConfig, particularly your very hands on approach to support, which is a real winner for me!)
    2. software for controlling provisioning of services on my ISPConfig GCE instance. Choices are whmcs, boxbilling, ispconfigbillmanager (i have an existing whmcs subscription)
    3. A web based interface for users to be able to purchase those services (a shopping cart...only option i see here, unless i create an integration for my website front end, appears to be whmcs?)

4. Products and services i intend to offer on the ISPConfig GCE instance
    • downloadable products (websites)
    • shared hosting
    • email (for the future no straight away)
    • storage (a future goal)
    • vps (no right now, but perhaps in the future)
    What i would really like is an all in one solution...ispconfig CP, ispconfig billing, ispconfig online store to provide the website frontend for selling products and services.

My preference with the online store is to use it on my own website. However, i dont know how to use REST, this is why im stuck using whmcs at present. If ISPConfig had a whmcs alternative that would be awesome. What i like about BoxBilling is that they have special packages for startups to make it affordable (up to 50 clients free). Unfortunately, i dont think BoxBilling has an online store as part of the program like whmcs.
    I dont like the whmcs smarty templating system, and i cant stand the standard whmcs page layouts...particularly the one for domain lookup and registrations...that double menu on the domains page of their themes is bastard of an idea and im still trying to figure out how to get rid of it completely (i have only had partial success with this part)

Anyway, unless there is a largely "off the shelf" alternative, i will stick with whmcs for now.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  2. DDArt

DDArt Member

Some are missing the point, ISPCONFIG in general is free, heck of a panel and I've used lots. The billing module, or the migration software/script, manual, or forum support are just ways to contribute to the future development of the panel itself. I have not used the billing module but mostly to play with but have used the migration software. I look forward to renewing and helping out any way I can... compared to the big players out there, this is a gem that costs very little and we should all hope it stays that way.

till and florian030 like this.
  3. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

No ar
    No argument from me there, now i am just wanting an alternative to whmcs!

4. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

See Post #178, I gave you one some time ago!

5. sbovisjb1

sbovisjb1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hrm, your demo site http://appsdemo.ispconfig.org/ doesn't seem to resolve. I was curious in taking a look at it. I work for a WISP, and was interested in allowing people to self-host mail servers on our network, and then to bill them accordingly (likely tied in with commercial services offered by us).

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There was a issue with the demo server. Thank you for the notice. The demo is up and running again.

7. realtor138

realtor138 New Member

Thanh you.

8. Tyrant

Tyrant New Member

Nice i will try it out soon. Is there any tutorial for that?

9. Ed Carroll

Ed Carroll New Member

Good morning everyone.

thenet4you dot com and of course both 8080 and without number to my sites.

I have installed ispconfig 3 and purchased the Billing module and installed it successfully.
    I have installed wordpress on main site .. thenet4you.com for testing and production setup with the ISP Config plugin. Now question:
    With everything working.. smiling.. HELP !!!
    I have setup the REMOTE user in wordpress and ispconfig successfully.
    I have sync'ed the ISPCONFIG 3 system.
    Now I registered a new user in wordpress.. but it does not show up in ISPCONFIG 3.
    There is no options for a new customer to register on the ISPCONFIG side so this is why I am looking at wordpress to handle that.
    There are NO templates that deal with the wordpress plugin that I can see so far.
    I have existing 3 customers, including myself working now on the ispconfig 3 system. but they were all created manually in the ispconfig 3 menu.
    I am searching all forums for answers to AUTOMATE my systems to allow new customers to
    REGISTER: LOGIN: ORDER: PAY-THROUGH CREDIT CARD SYSTEM STRIPE: AND NEED TO AUTO INSTALL WORDPRESS: ETC:
    I know this is a lot of questions and information. Sorry. But I need to post my overall view of operations here to get a "ONE MAN SHOP" online and operational.
    I was using PLESK and WHMCS.. but my budget could no longer afford their monthly fees.

Can I please get some one-on-one help from anyone that has already gone through my project and direct me line by line on how I can connect all the dots here as a Domain/Website Hosting Provider?
    Please? God Bless you for helping me!
    p.s. I have gone over the manuals and I am presently watching all the ISPCONFIG 3 training videos.
    No answers yet.

10. asamena

asamena New Member

Wow.. Looking great! Well done team!

11. super man

super man New Member

The IspConfig billing panel addon features don't say that it has automatic provisioning. Is there some billing panel available that is already known to work excellently with IspConfig that does have automatic provisioning? Thanks

12. till

You can use whmcs with ISPConfig. There is a whmcs plugin for ispconfig, you can find further information in various threads here in the forum.

13. super man

super man New Member

Is it possible that the Blesta billing solution is better than WHCMS for ISPConfig?

14. till

I don't know Blesta, if they claim that they support ISPConfig then ask them for a trial and try it out yourself.

15. Daan

Daan New Member

quick question:
    Does billing addon/ispconfig automatically register domain with domain registrar once the customer has payed for it?...or everything has to be done by hand?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  16. till

You have to do this by hand, there is no domain robot module available for ISPConfig.

17. MWooge

MWooge New Member

Hello... is a integration in WooCommerce planed? ISPConfig and WooCommerce must be a nice replacement for whmcs.com

18. till

There is currently no plan to integrate the Billing Module and WooCommerce.

19. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi @till ,

Is there a plan to integrate to the billing a domain management provider like Netim etc and another payment gateway like Stripe for example apart from Paypal?

20. concept21

concept21 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I also hate paypal. Its charge is super high.
    Is there any payment processor which processes US$1 each time?