ISPConfig 3 Billing Module

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jul 7, 2011.

1. hooked

hooked New Member

thank you!

2. nickleung

nickleung New Member

thanks for share

3. mon06

mon06 New Member

i am really impressed, Thank all

minhchimai likes this.
  4. concept21

concept21 Active Member

I want to buy this. How much is this? Any beautiful theme so I can charge my friends for some pocket money?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Since ISPConfig 3.1.2 makes me very happy, I have decided to buy this module to support the development.
    Another question is: how do I replace the ISPConfig logo with my own one? :cool:

7. till

Replace the Logo where? In the ISPConfig Interface or in PDF invoices in the billing module?

8. concept21

concept21 Active Member

The logo on the ISPconfig control panel. :cool:

9. till

10. edooze

edooze Member

Hi Till,

Where do we submit a feature request for the billing module? I'd like the ability to rename VAT to GST, as my country isn't in the EU.

Thx.

11. till

12. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

Is ISPConfig billing module capable of automating hosting package deployments? (similar to what WHMCS does).

I cant seem to get the demo one working so i have no idea what it actually does other than invoice.
    If it doesnt manage deployment packages, is there a plan to add this feature?
    In the interim, has anyone used box billing? Is it any good? Does Box billing work with ISPConfig well?

13. till

ISPConfig billing module is an addon to bill customers and not a shop frontend to replace your current hosting website. The billing module provides the api to integrate it into existing websites, so it is more a solution for a bigger hoster who uses a custom website. If you use a shop frontend to sell hosting packages right away without the eed to build your custom company website, then better use a software like WHMCS with the free whmcs ispconfig plugin.

14. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

Then i fail to see the usefulness of this....why buy this when one could simply install the free open source version of wordpress and use a free wp plugin to manage invoicing...there are plenty of them.
    I need to look at the demo to understand how this addon is beneficial without having the capability to control deployment/webhosting packages for clients.

15. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

ISPConfig billing module is fully integrated into ISPConfig, so when you add a package to a client, it's added to invoicing to. Besides the clients can check their invoices inside ISPConfig (no need to login to a second platform). For me it's worth the invest.

till likes this.
  16. till

There are no free Wordpress plugins available that have similar functions.

Show me a WordPress plugiin that:

- Is fully integrated into ISPConfig, so you can manage all billing functions by logging into ISPConfig.
    - Provides the options to show invoices to your clients in the ISPConfig login.
    - Allows your clients to up-and downgrade hosting packages from within their ISPConfig login and order addons from there.
    - Creates invoices automatically when you add/remove client templates in ISPConfig.
    - Has flexible recurring billing options target for hosting and services providers.
    - Is compatible with all kind of cms systems like Drupal, Joomla, Typo3 etc. and manually created websites
    - Does automatic bank debit charges in Europe by connecting the invoice system to the SEPA banking standard.
    - Automatic VAT calculation by country.
    - Can be used with the ISPConfig API, so you can roll out hosting packages automatically and bill them with the API.

As I mentioned above, the billing module has been developed by professional users (as a joint effort of several hosting companies) for professional users that run their own website and that roll out customized hosting packages automatically with the API. When you talk about using a free WP plugin, then you are probably not a professional user which runs a customized website and not the target audience of the billing plugin. When you need a simple standard system to get your hosting started without developing a custom websiteand connect it to the ISPConfig + Billing API, then use e.g. WHMCS with the free WHMCS ISPConfig plugin as I suggested above.

17. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

Woocommerce does a lot of the things on your list. But that is not my query. I already use wordpress plus woocommerce. The problem is maintenance. Wp cms is hugely maintenance intensive on its own (on top of this one still has plugins, themes, the web server to maintain as well. Its just too much)
    I have setup wordpress networks as an alternative...but i fear a single rogue site on that network, and the amount of targeting wordpress recieves from attackers, it may be an unwise move (the jury is still out on that one in my head)

All i am after is a single platform that can automate new client package deployment for webhosting (ie client chooses a package, pays for it in shopping cart, is redirected back to a deployment screen, and within minutes they are the proud owners of a webhosting presence with which a webste can be uploaded or installed, or email etc.

One i have looked at which can do this is ispmanager. But to re-state what someone else said about that platform to me once....the administrative interface is so awful using it makes one seriously consider committing suicide!

You have already answered the question about why..because i dont want to use ispconfig+whmcs. If im going to do that i may as well just use bloody cpanel + whmcs (they are owned by the same company).

Im all for the little guy...not cpanel....cpanel is not the little guy.

The API plugin being free is not a selling point for your billing module....i have 3 whmcs cpanel api plugins for registrars i retail for..they are all free! Providing a free api module is not for my sake...its for your sake. If you didnt, people go somewhere else...cpanel is the most likely place. Why,because clients are asking us for cpanel...thats what they want and demand.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  18. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

WHMCS is really nice, but way too expensive. ISPConfig Billing Module does all except the shop part. You could use a shop in a CMS and use the API to deploy. You could get a look at https://joomisp.de/de/produkte/ispconfig-plugin . I never tested it so far, so don't take it as a recommendation...

till likes this.
  19. till

You mix up a lot of different things here.

1) The WHMCS plugin is not related to the billing module in any way. WHMCS is an alternative to the billing module when you want to have a ready-made shop frontend.
    2) The WHMCS plugin for ISPConfig is free as well, see: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/new-ispconfig-module-for-whmcs.67824/
    3) The ISPConfig API is free as well, see documentation in the ISPConfig tar.gz file.

So why do you tell me that we shall provide a free plugin while this plugin is already available for many years for free and I even told you a few posts above that you can use this plugin for free? Maybe you should start to read answers before you start complaining.

What I meant in the list is the API to integrate billing and purchases into ISPConfig and the endpoint of the billing API is the billing module, so providing an API for the functionality provided by the billing module makes no sense without the billing module.

20. till