ISPCONFIG 3 & Centos 6.4 - ALMOST right but...

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Jun 24, 2013.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

ISPCONFIG and DNS AND Another Question! Having fun.

I think I was just not waiting long enough - it does update the allow-transfer fields in named.conf.local.

Till - I see instructions for incorporating Roundcube with ISPCONFIG 3 and Wheezy (Debian). I dont see such instructions for Centos 6.4 - and (to be honest) I dont want to screw up the install...

could you check them and see what we need to install with Centos 6.4? I'd paypal you an extra donation :)
    I see it uses apt-get but dont want to use that if it fails or causes other problems.

what should we try to get RoundCube up and going?

also - somewhat of an annoyance - my server shows no issues, but I'm getting the odd 30-60 second inability to get ISPCONFIG to update a screen.
    I'm not sure if its verizon (FIOS) or something else - can you think of a way to check what might be doing this? I recently moved a server to my house and switched ISP. is there anything out there for centos that might detect some intermittent DNS failure that lasts 30-60 seconds and then clears up?
    additional donation would be appropriate :)
    cdb.

ps LOVE ISPCONFIG. Really. super nice software.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a ispconfig roundcube package available which should work on any Linux distribution:

https://github.com/w2c/ispconfig3_roundcube/wiki/_pages

It is installed trough the ISPConfig extensuion installer. If thats not an option for you or not what you want for your server, I can check the debian guide.

You man the ispconfig screen hangs in the browser? Or dou you mean that it takes up to 30 seconds until changes are written to disk (config files)?

ISPCofig is a asynchronous system, the server process is independant from the interface as it is built to scale for large setups with many servers. So the server process queries the interface / master server every 60 seconds for changes. But this just means that it takes up to 60 seconds to write changes to disk, it does not mean that the interface hangs or does not react.

3. craig baker

roundcube install

Ok i'll give that a try - it includes the ISPCONFIG3 plugins?

and the 30-60 seconds is the browser hanging which is ridiculous when I'm in my home and the server is 10 feet away.

not sure if its a server problem or an internet/router/wireless problem. tuff to see where to start!
    but the server logs dont seem to show any unusual behaviour

4. till

yes.

Any errors in the global apche error.log file? Such hanging pages can also be caused by name resolution problems. e.g. try to add a line for the hostname of the server (or whatever domain you use to access the controlpanel) in the hosts file of your desktop pc. If the server is behind a router, the the internal and external IP in the hosts file.

5. craig baker

roundcube install

I'm installing as per instructions - which are not quite right there is no 'servers' tab but the packages tab I found and it says 'install now' so I clicked on it and now it says 'installation in progress' how long should it take?

also dont see the roundcube.conf file you say get it from github where is it?
    cdb.

6. craig baker

roundcube install

oh - after doing the 'package' install do I still need some of the manual install instructions? does it create the remote user itself? or do I need to do those after the package install is complete?

7. craig baker

roundcube getting close

I found a roundcube.conf in another install and modified it sufficiently I think:

but when I log into:
    https://www.myserver.com:myport/webmail
    the roundcube signon appears but no server name is available
    and entering a valid account and pw gets 'invalid server name'

any ideas?

--snip-- roundcube.conf as entered
    # RoundCube alias and redirect functions
    Alias /webmail /var/www/apps/roundcube
    <Directory /var/www/apps/roundcube>
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    # This is needed to parse /var/www/webmail/.htaccess. See its
    # content before setting AllowOverride to None.
    AllowOverride All
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Directory>
    # Protecting basic directories:
    <Directory /var/www/apps/roundcube/config>
    Options -FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    </Directory>
    <Directory /var/www/apps/roundcube/temp>
    Options -FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    </Directory>
    <Directory /var/www/apps/roundcube/logs>
    Options -FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    </Directory>
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    <Location /webmail>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !^on$ [NC]
    RewriteRule . https://www.myserver.com:myport/webmail/ [L]
    </Location>
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    --snip--

8. till

No. The package is self containing and you access the application trough the apps site which is a custom vhos listening on port 8081 by default.

yes.

9. craig baker

roundcube install

do you specify the servername as part of the url? not seeing where it would be indicated
    cdb.

10. craig baker

roundcube server url

I mean the url to identify the server name to associate with login and password?
    it does use the ISPCONFIG3 database right?
    with squirrelmail you had to add a ?servername=xxx.com to the url when you visited the server.

11. till

No.

The login is done by imap and not by connecting to the ispconfig database.

12. craig baker

roundcube not listening?

nothing seems to be listening on 8081 where is that specified?

13. till

Thats a separate vhost, on debian and ubuntu the file is: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-apps.vhost

14. craig baker

apps.vhost

ok - found the file apps.vhost --
    but there is nothing in the document root.
    should it not be /var/www/apps/roundcube?
    or should something not be in the /var/www/apps directory?
    (I see its listed below as /var/www**//**apps - anything missing?)

--snip--
    ######################################################
    # This virtual host contains the configuration
    # for the ISPConfig apps vhost
    ######################################################

Listen 8081
    # NameVirtualHost *:8081

<VirtualHost _default_:8081>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
    DocumentRoot /var/www//apps
    SuexecUserGroup ispapps ispapps
    <Directory /var/www//apps>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews +ExecCGI
    AllowOverride AuthConfig Indexes Limit Options FileInfo
    AddHandler fcgid-script .php
    FCGIWrapper /var/www//php-fcgi-scripts/apps/.php-fcgi-starter .php
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
    DocumentRoot /var/www//apps
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    <Directory /var/www//apps>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>
    </IfModule>

ServerSignature Off

</VirtualHost>

--snip--

15. craig baker

ISPCONFIG3 and more fun :)

still playing around with ISPCONFIG 3 and yes I've read the manual. but a question - I'm running centos 6.4 on a poweredge 2970 server that has the Dell Perc 6 raid controller installed. anyway to get ISPCONFIG 3 to report on this hardware raid status? currently it only will report on software RAID from what I can tell so the status is not listed. it would be wonderful if I could see how the hardware controller is doing from within ISPCONFIG

16. till

Yes, it should be in this directory when you installed it with thw ispconfig extension installer. Is this a multiserver setup?

ISPConfig supports various hardware aid controllers, if you dont see the raid status then your controller is not supported yet. Do you know the Linux commands to query the status of this raid controller.

17. craig baker

roundcube and raid

I'll get the info on the perc 6.

still no joy on roundcube. when I access it via xxx.com/webmail I see the following pop up in the error log at /var/www/apps/roundcube/logs
    But the roundcube webmail login screen has only fields for username and password. no pulldown for server no place to put server.
    and any entry gives 'invalid server name'.

and accessing any www address with :8081 gives the generic apache2 'your website is here' page. nothing to do with roundcube...
    digging through more logs...

roundcube error log:
    --snip--
    [09-Jul-2013 14:09:44] PHP Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /var/www/apps/roundcube/program/include/rcube_config.php on line 408
    [09-Jul-2013 14:09:44] PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /var/www/apps/roundcube/program/include/rcube_session.php on line 135
    [09-Jul-2013 14:09:44] PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /var/www/apps/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 606
    --snip--

18. till

roundcube access the imap server on localhost by default. If you need another server, then you can configure that in the roundcube config files.

19. craig baker

roundcube problems

no other server and as far as I know its set to use localhost (the server field is blank).
    when I correct the conf files and restart httpd and try to access the port 8081 all I see is 'no permission to access /index.php' messages...

20. craig baker

roundcube vhost?

I notice in the installed packages the user it lists is ispapp1 but the vhost has
    SuexecUserGroup ispapps ispapps

in the mod_fcgid.c block but not in the mod_php5 block.
    I added it there as well surely.
    both the document roots and the directories were originally
    /var/www//apps
    in the vhost I changed that to /var/www/apps/roundcube
    but thats not likely to be correct is it? surely we want to come in to a different root than the /webmail aliased in roundcube.c.

what should the vhost files have as DocumentRoot?

oh -- I corrected the problem in accessing webmail properly...
    I changed $rcmail_config['default_host']='' to ='localhost';

now logging to:
    www.mydomain.com/webmail

and now logging with the full email address (including the domain)
    eg [email protected]
    pw xxxx
    brings up roundmail properly!

maybe I dont need the vhost anymore! :)