ISPConfig 3 Cron Stopped Running

Discussion in 'General' started by dntmedia, Jun 30, 2015.

1. dntmedia

dntmedia New Member

First post, so please be kind if I miss a rule or two.

I've had this box running for about two years now and not had any problems once we figured out the differences between ISPConfig and Plesk. However, on June 7, my box apparently decided to stop running cron jobs. I can login as root and run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh and it goes along its business but the cron system just stopped running. I just upgraded to 3.0.5.4p8 and it hasn't changed anything. I've gone the "what to do's" that I've found online and none of them seem to apply. The only difference is we moved /var/ from a SATA to a new SSD and removed the /var_old/ directory. Has anyone seen something similar or even better, know how to fix it?

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Check the crontab as root with crontab -l and make sure, that crond is running. Ispconfig does not change the way cron runs (just add some cronjobs).

3. dntmedia

dntmedia New Member

# crontab -l
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done

and crond is running. I have a number of other cron jobs that run daily, so I was fairly sure it wasn't a cron issue.