ISPConfig 3 Developer documentation

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, May 16, 2008.

1. otacon

otacon New Member

by listen do you mean a cron job, or in what manner do you have a plugin listen to the module?

When I hear listen I envision the plugin pinging a certain file in the ispconfig port every 5 minutes.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The plugin is not doing anything actively. The ISPConfig Server event based system and listening means that a plugin is subscribing itself for a event and that this plugin executes code when it gets called in case that the event happens.

3. The Other Air Force

The Other Air Force New Member

I am just trying to develop a PHP script to export a list of zones from DNS. Using the API I can get lists for a particular client, but I am not sure how to get a list of all zones from ISPConfig. Is there a function to accomplish this? Or even a function to get a list of all client ID's so I could then in turn pass that off to the dns_zone_get_by_user() function?

I want to import these zones to my vps providers DNS servers as a slave zone using their API so when clients add zones their slaves are added automatically.

Thanks!

4. cfoe

cfoe ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I thought a little bit more about the online documentation and I am always coming back to MediaWiki (or another wiki platform) as a better solution for http://docs.ispconfig.org

You can restrict access to admin-generated users, of cause.

5. Wiamor

Wiamor New Member

is it absolutly nned to download the version instruckted in the manuel, to build Modules or can i also bild some just with a simple running version.

6. till

You can use a running versionas well.

7. Wiamor

Wiamor New Member

i did follow the Steps for creating the menu struckture ... that works, but with creating the List and form pages i ran into problems.

i did the same as you discribed in the doc. I created the form definition and the action file, but no Lan or list file apear after klicking on the link assosiated with them.

all i did to the form file was erase some fields i didn't need and remaned the links.
    in the action file i changed
    $tform_def_file =

and the help from:
    if(!stristr($_SESSION['s']['user']['modules'],'help')) {

weher is my mistake?

8. till

Maybe the directories are not writable by the user that runs the ispconfig interface (ispconfig or the apache user, it depends if the interface is run as fastcgi or mod_php).

9. Wiamor

Wiamor New Member

thx i'll have a look at it

10. Wiamor

Wiamor New Member

is ist user ispapps or the other one needing the rights to writhe on that folder?

11. till

From post #28:

... (ispconfig or the apache user, it depends if the interface is run as fastcgi or mod_php).

So ist either the user ispconfig or the apache user depending of your installation, the user ispapps is not related to running the ispconfig interface at all.

12. MaddinXx

MaddinXx Member

creating the files doesn't work for me either....

Code:
    [Mon Jan 28 18:17:09 2013] [error] [client 81.221.83.35] PHP Warning:  fopen(templates/nginx_reverse_proxy_edit.htm): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform_tpl_generator.inc.php on line 149, referer: https://xxx/index.php
    Permissions are 750 for all files/folders, owner ispconfig:ispconfig

13. till

The error message should be self explaining, it means that the templates directory is not writable by the user that runs the ispconfig interface (most likely the user ispconfig).

14. MaddinXx

MaddinXx Member

Hi till

Yes, it needed more permissions - sorry for that. Was thinking 750 is enough as all others are 750 as well, but yep - they don't need to be writable anymore.

Thx!

15. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There's a problem with the flyspray bugtracker, which gave me an sql error. I don't see an obviously "right place" to report it, so just posting here, where the bugtracker was announced.

I tried to create a new task and apparently it took issue with my detailed description. The error is at hastebin.com, but I can't post a link here/yet, so: hastebin.com slash raw slash xufaxokesi

16. till

Might be a bug in flyspray that cant deal correctly with the posted content. In general it works fine, I use it daily.

17. Jesse Norell

It looks like the problem is default collation on the flyspray database tables, there are alter statements to change them listed at issue #35 on github: github.com / Flyspray / flyspray / issues / 35

18. Jesse Norell

Having failed to clean up the task enough manually, I copy/pasted the description text through od -c, and found some unprintable characters in there (I think came from me pasting a setting name from a web page).

excerpt from od -c:
    Code:
    0001320   t   t   i   n   g       t   h   e   r   e   ,       t   o   o
    0001340   . 357 277 274 357 277 274  \n  \n   T   h   e       A   d   v

I removed those characters and the task did save. So changing the db collation should allow those characters to be interpreted correctly/saved ... but maybe it's a feature, not a bug? :)

19. Sean Montgomery

Sean Montgomery New Member

20. Steveorevo

Steveorevo Member

Alan de Almeida likes this.