ISPConfig 3 + Dovecot + Squirrelmail + Sieve

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Chrisss, May 13, 2010.

1. Chrisss

Chrisss New Member

Hey Com!

Got a nasty Problem over here, tried for 3 days, now I´m really need a helping hand.

As u can see on this topic, i´m tryin to get Sieve to work with my Config. But i´m stucked :(

Let´s start:

My System: VServer, Debian 5 (Lenny)

Installed Sieve after this Tutorial (except last poin, SysCP specific):

http://neunzehn83.de/blog/2009/12/07/sieve-mailfilter-unter-debian-lenny-mit-syscp-und-dovecot/

Error Message in Squirrelmail after clicking "Filters":

/etc/var/mail.log:

Auszug /etc/squirrelmail/avelsieve-config.php:

Part of /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf:

Part of /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: (like in the HowTo)

sieve seems to "listen":

Hope someone can "enlighten" me,

Thanks in forward,
    Chris

Aunt Edith:

- ISPConfig 3.0.2.1

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. tmn99

tmn99 New Member

Come on man...that´s an easy one to solve...;)
    the problem is when Dovecot makes is query is looking for the protocol managesieve, "AND disable%Ls". And the problem is that there´s no such column in the database.
    The %Ls variable in Dovecot expands for the protocol he is looking, POP3, IMAP4, MANAGESIEVE.
    I´m working on this problem also and as soon i´ve got a solution then i´ll post it here man.

3. tmn99

tmn99 New Member

Done...

Just make this query on your databse server

ALTER TABLE `mail_user` ADD `disablesieve` ENUM( 'n', 'y' ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'n'

This will make a new column, disablesieve, in table mail_user.
    Need to test if a new user is created the default value is updated. Should be!

Hope this helps.

4. schirpich

schirpich New Member

Started troubleshooting same issue about an hour ago and upon looking through my logs and finding database missing errors I eventually wandered into my dovecot-sql.conf file and found the same thing.

I have 3 servers, One for a web/ftp server, second for mysql databases, and a third for mail. Should the mysql query be run on each server since they technically are all running a MySQL server of their own?