ISPconfig 3 externer Mailserver

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by sumawelt, Mar 3, 2016.

1. sumawelt

sumawelt New Member

Hello,
    on a server running ISPconfig3 I set up a website (mydomain.com) that uses an external mailserver. On my website I have several webforms that are supposed to deliver their contents to an [email protected] but these mails are not delieverd. When I change the form receiver to an address on a different domain, that is not hosted on this machine, it works fine.
    So I tried to send an email from a different domain that is hosted on the same server, but I get an error:
    Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
    For my domain (the one with the external mailserver) I had not set up a mail domain in ISPconfig3, so I tried to create one and disable it, but this didn't help either. Receiving mails from domains that are not hosted on this machine works fine.
    How can I accomplish that emails that are sent from this server are not locally delivered but are sent to the right mailserver (according to the correctly set MX record).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely you used a wrong hostname. ensure that the affected domain is not listed in postfix main.cf and /etc/mailname.

3. sumawelt

sumawelt New Member

Thank you Till,
    it was an entry in main.cf, but how did it get there? I'm sure, I didn't put it there and I'm a little concerned about it appearing there again.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These entrys were normally set during installation of the operating system (postfix installation).