ISPConfig 3 (latest version) query returns

Discussion in 'General' started by Lars Behrens, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Lars Behrens

Lars Behrens New Member

Hey everyone,

I recently migrated my ipsconfig 3 to a new server. i followed everything in this link ( https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/what-to-backup-ispconfig-and-need-to-know-how.41595/ ). and ispconfig is accessable, and can be used till a certain point. once i click on "add a website" or on a existing website entry (i imported my old database to keep all the accounts etc, which are all working with logging in and the right permissions.) it returns a page with a query looking like this:

the above code was the result of clicking on the "add a website" button.

does anyone know what is going on, and what's te problem because i can't seem to figure it out.

thanks in regard.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

seems as if the ispconfig version on the old and new server were different, so you have an old database schema imported. Run a ispconfig update to let ispconfig update the database tables.

Lars Behrens likes this.
  3. Lars Behrens

Lars Behrens New Member

thanks till, for your answer. Altough I haven't been able to solve my problem. i ran the update.php, and walked through it. than i thought that you could've been talking about running the ispconfig_update.sh which only gave the notification that the latest version was already installed. did i do something wrong, and is there a way the force the database structure to be updated?

4. till

The update.php should have updated the database if it was not up to date.

Which ispconfig was on the old server? The new one runs 3.0.5.4p8 I assume?

5. Lars Behrens

Lars Behrens New Member

yeah, the new one runs ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8. The old one: ISPConfig 3.0.1.3. i can't update that one due to some reasons. I understand that the old one is quite old but having a backup of the complete system is the only thing i can use at the moment. do you have any suggestions?

6. till

The problem is that the old version is so old that your database scheme is in a version before ispconfig had incremental database updates. Please try this:

1) backup the ispconfig database.
    2) Edit the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and change the version number inside to 3.0.1.3. When the updater finds a version < 3.0.3 then it will use the old update method which dumps the database and tries to reinsert it into the new schema. But this can fail as you skipped so many major versions, you'll have to try it.
    3) Run the update.php script in the ispconfig install folder again. It might be that the system will throw some sql errors.
    4) Then login to ispconfig and check if it works now.

7. Lars Behrens

Lars Behrens New Member

Shall the script create a ISPConfig backup in /var/backup/ now? (yes,no) [yes]: yes

Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc" directory...
    Checking ISPConfig database .. OK
    Starting full database update.
    ERROR: Unable to drop MySQL database: dbispconfig.

this is what happening atm. When i've solved this issue i'll confirm if you're solution worked or not!

8. Lars Behrens

Lars Behrens New Member

i'm getting loads of errors, i'll just uninstall ispconfig, install a 3.0.1.3 version, execute my .sql backup and than try to update that one to a version beyond 3.0.3 to update it to the latest version atm.

9. till

The safest way is to upgrade in a few steps. Download the latest releases of the 3.0.2.x, 3.0.3.x and 3.0.4.x series (all versions are available at sourceforge) and then update from each major version to the next one.

10. Lars Behrens

Lars Behrens New Member

i'd like to thank you very much for your support. uninstalling the version, and then updating from 3.0.1.3 -> 3.0.3.3 -> the current version did the trick. i'll test for any problems, but otherwise i'm sure that updating from one major version to the next is the solution.

the ERROR: Unable to drop MySQL database: dbispconfig. was caused by a corrupt database of somekind (i think ispconfig caused it by trying to update the database). the solution was to delete the dbispconfig from the db AND the data folder. after this i was able to install ispconfig 3.0.1.3, than i updated the database with my backup sql and updated further from this point.

Have a nice day and once more thanks for your fast replies!