ISPConfig 3 Migration (only Mailserver)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by iceget, Aug 8, 2017.

1. iceget

iceget Member

dear community,
    i have currently running ispconfig 3.0.5.4p3 on a debian 7.7.
    now i want install the latest ispconfig version on the latest debian version.

and now my main questions:
    how i can export all users (including maildata, username and password), and import this into the new server?
    is there any possibility do to that?

thank you very much

many greets

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

3. iceget

iceget Member

Thank you very much. But i prefer do the manual way. How i can export the Mailbox Data via SCP? The Mail users i can add via phpmyadmin, or?
    My main problem: this server (source) has 300 domains running, but i only need to extract one domain. can't use here the export tool.

thank you

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The email data is in /var/vmail/domain.tld/ and you can copy that manually with scp or rsync. just ensure to keep the file permissions, the user and group has to be vmail.

The mail domain details and the email addresses are in the ISPConfig database, you can export these with phpmyadmin.

5. iceget

iceget Member

thanks till.

this is what i have done:
    1. first export mail_users to sql file
    2. created on new mailserver the domain and one example user
    3. read out from new created mail user the sys_userid and sys_groupid in phpmyadmin
    4. changed the sys_userid and sys_groupid on the file (i only use one server)
    5. imported the changed mail_users sql file
    6. via scp i download all mails from /var/vmail/domain with same rights to the same directory
    7. all mails here

thanks