ISPCONFIG 3 Migration

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by maileh, Sep 2, 2014.

1. maileh

maileh Member

After Migration of ISPCONFIG to another server, when i start apache2 it gives this error
    * Starting web server apache2
    apache2: bad user name web35

i have trying for several hours now but no luck , can someone point me to a direction. Maybe i missed somethig or else.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you missed to move over the web* users and client* groups to the new server. I described the procedure on how to move a ispconfig install in several threads in the forum.

3. maileh

maileh Member

Ispconfig migration

thanks for the reply till ... please can you show me how or point me to one of that thread .... please i relly appreciate it.

regards
    maile

4. till

5. maileh

maileh Member

migration

Hi Till
    not sure what fixed my issue with starting apache2 but after resync from panel tools , then i dont see the error again and start apache2

6. till

The esync recreated the missing users. The drawback compared with the method that I suggested is that it can be that all website content is now owned by wron users as the resync on a system were the users are missing might result in uid changes.

7. maileh

maileh Member

moveing web* and Client*

When you mention moving web* user and client* group on /etc/shadow, /etc/gshadow.. what you mean only the lines with web* and client* ... are you saying to jyst manuall type it in on the new server file or what ???

8. till

Normally you copy them just over, open the files on both servers, then copy the lines from old server and paste them to the enw one. so even with a few hundred websites, this takes less then 5 minutes for all 4 files.