ISPCONFIG 3 password encryption

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by jariasca, Apr 28, 2010.

1. chimangabee

chimangabee New Member

Hi
    Hello Till. My problem is a user's encrypted password was modified using SQL commandline so i no longer have the original ISPConfig hassed password. On the other hand my Apache is not running due to a problem:
    Invalid command 'FCGIWrapper', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    I have done everything i could based on info found in this forum to solve the apache error but could not get it to work.
    So my request is, can you provide php code that i can use to CREATE a ISPConfig recognised password for the mail_user table password field. I have a client who want to read their mails but since i dont have access to the ISPconfig interface due to the Apache Problem i cannot change the password using ISPconfig.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig uses the standard Linux crpyt passwords, so you can use any Linux tool to create a password incl. the passwd command. Beside that, the code that you quoted above is the code to create a standard Linux crypt password in PHP.

3. chimangabee

chimangabee New Member

When
    i create using the PHP above, the password is not being accepted when trying to POP mail

4. chimangabee

chimangabee New Member

Ok, the problem was solved by running the php script on the target server. All along i was running the password generation script on my windows machine and trying to paste it onto the mail_user table

5. T s

T s New Member

I found this thread as I was about to give up on API for adding mail user. The user could never login to email unless I reset password in ISP config.

I tried mail_uder_add and _update to change password.

Roundcube webmail, but that's irrelevant.
    PHP code.

6. batgau

batgau New Member

and to be perfectly complete, the password is compared using :
    PHP:
    crypt(stripslashes($cleartext_password_to_compare),$db_crypted_password));