ISPConfig 3 Server Module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Germanius, Jan 15, 2011.

1. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

I have spent quite a bit of time on the error trying to determine where the error is and I have now narrowed it down to the ispconfig module. There is an error in the multiserver logic where it loops through the results to get the server names from the whmcs tblservers.

This is what happens.

The module executes the sql

Query SELECT servergroup FROM tblproducts WHERE id = <productid>

This returns the server group with the ISPConfig servers that you set up in WHMCS.
    Next the module runs the query to get the serverid's of all the servers in that group.

Query SELECT serverid FROM tblservergroupsrel WHERE groupid = <groupid>

This query returns an array of server id's. Then the module runs a lookup to get the hostname of each of those servers, except that it
    does not use the serverid, it always uses id = 1, which results in the wrong server name being passed to ISPConfig.

In my instance, the server ids on the test server are 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Query SELECT hostname FROM tblservers WHERE id = 1

So it looks like the bug should be pretty simple for the developer to fix and hopefully release an update to very soon.

2. nokia80

nokia80 Member

i have a multi server setup the module always make the mail domein on the wrong server pffff

3. Timmy Oblatus

Timmy Oblatus New Member

Nicely spotted!

And yeah, it would probably be rather easy to update this, if the plugin wasn't encoded..

4. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Thanks. I have sent an email to the devs as well pointing them to my post, so hopefully they will fix and release an update for everyone soon.

5. MasteRTriX

MasteRTriX Member

I've been seeing this module for a few years now, it seems that the response time of the developer is always the same (about 3 months). I have a multiserver setup, and didn't buy the module since from what I've read it still doesn't work, and seems it won't. Also the developer doesn't provide neither a demo site or a demo licence.
    I hope the developer finds the time to work on this, or at least find someone who will. Maybe he sells the source code of the plugin so one can make it work.

Hope to see happy ending for this.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  6. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Unfortunately I have not seen a response from the developer either, so at this point, I am looking to rewrite this module.

When I purchased the module initially, I had a brief email conversation with the dev about the issue, and once it seemed to get 'to hard' he just stopped responding to me.

So I would have to warn others from purchasing this module. Your hard earned money would be better spent elsewhere.

7. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

8. Kami-Nashi

Kami-Nashi New Member

So I installed this module last night, a bit stuck here. Any time an attempt to create a new user is made, I get the following error message in WHMCS:

Module Command Error
    SOAP Error: Function 'server_get_serverid_by_name' doesn't exist

My sandbox configuration is as such, more info available on request:
    WHMCS 5.2.14
    ISPConfig 3.0.5.3 (Multiserver Configuration)
    - 1 Web Server / Control Panel
    - 2 MySQL Servers
    - 1 NS Server
    - 1 Mail Server

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your ispconfig version is really old, ou should update to a current version.

10. Kami-Nashi

Kami-Nashi New Member

Okay, let me do a snapshot && update and report back! :)

11. Kami-Nashi

Kami-Nashi New Member

Okay, so we're up to ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p5. At the moment, when I try to run the create services script in WHMCS, as a completed transaction should, I get a few errors that I can work around such as: No Username, No Domain. Those may be isolated to existing clients, eventually I can work past them to get the next error of:

Module Command Error

SOAP Error: no_server_error<br />

At this point, I have the client registered in ISPConfig, but nothing else was created for them. I do have a pretty significant error my on my database server,

Replication failed. Error: (client) in MySQL server: (localhost) Unknown column 'gender' in 'field list' # SQL: REPLACE INTO client (`client_id`,`sys_userid`,`sys_groupid`,`sys_perm_user`,`sys_perm_group`,`sys_perm_other`,`company_name`,`company_id`,`gender`,`contact_name`,`customer_no`,`vat_id`,`street`,`zip`,`city`,`state`,`country`,`telephone`,`mobile`,`fax`,`email`,`internet`,`icq`,`notes`,`bank_account_owner`,`bank_account_number`,`bank_code`,`bank_name`,`bank_account_iban`,`bank_account_swift`,`paypal_email`,`default_mailserver`,`mail_servers`,`limit_maildomain`,`limit_mailbox`,`limit_mailalias`,`limit_mailaliasdomain`,`limit_mailforward`,`limit_mailcatchall`,`limit_mailrouting`,`limit_mailfilter`,`limit_fetchmail`,`limit_mailquota`,`limit_spamfilter_wblist`,`limit_spamfilter_user`,`limit_spamfilter_policy`,`default_webserver`,`web_servers`,`limit_web_ip`,`limit_web_domain`,`limit_web_quota`,`web_php_options`,`limit_cgi`,`limit_ssi`,`limit_perl`,`limit_ruby`,`limit_python`,`force_suexec`,`limit_hterror`,`limit_wildcard`,`limit_ssl`,`limit_web_subdomain`,`limit_web_aliasdomain`,`limit_ftp_user`,`limit_shell_user`,`ssh_chroot`,`limit_webdav_user`,`limit_backup`,`limit_aps`,`default_dnsserver`,`dns_servers`,`limit_dns_zone`,`default_slave_dnsserver`,`limit_dns_slave_zone`,`limit_dns_record`,`default_dbserver`,`db_servers`,`limit_database`,`limit_database_quota`,`limit_cron`,`limit_cron_type`,`limit_cron_frequency`,`limit_traffic_quota`,`limit_client`,`limit_mailmailinglist`,`limit_openvz_vm`,`limit_openvz_vm_template_id`,`parent_client_id`,`username`,`password`,`language`,`usertheme`,`template_master`,`template_additional`,`created_at`,`locked`,`canceled`,`can_use_api`,`tmp_data`,`id_rsa`,`ssh_rsa`,`customer_no_template`,`customer_no_start`,`customer_no_counter`,`added_date`,`added_by`,`limit_domainmodule`) VALUES​

This appears in both my web server and my database server, both with the values from WHMCS. Looking at the top, I see that its already trying to go to 'localhost', but on what machine? Is this a problem with having my WHMCS on one box, my ISPConfig on another, and my DB separate as well? I'm at a loss on this one.

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you update all nodes? All nodes in a multiserver setup have to run the same ispconfig version, the master has to be updated first, then all slaves. the above error indicates that the ispconfig version on the slave is older then the one of the master.

13. Kami-Nashi

Kami-Nashi New Member

I did update all nodes, but the updater said to update the master last, so that is what I did .... (See imgur link)
    http://imgur.com/yPGoQEC

Should I redo the update process?

14. Kami-Nashi

Kami-Nashi New Member

Modified a setting under Setup> Products/Services> Servers and have new results.
    At this time, the panel creates my user account in ISPConfig, then creates the WWW website as requested. I then get the following error:

Module Create Failed - Service ID: 1 - Error: SOAP Error: error_origin_empty<br />error_ns_empty<br />error_mbox_empty<br />error_refresh_empty<br />error_retry_empty<br />error_expire_empty<br />error_minimum_empty<br />error_ttl_empty<br />

I don't see any empty fields in the Setup> Products/Services> Products:Module Settings, I don't see any thing blank in the user templates in ISPConfig, either.

**** Edit ****

I was thinking those entries looked like DNS values. Glancing at the DNS settings in both panels, I didn't see anything, but looking at the DNS default template in ISPConfig shows all of those entries with values. Looks like I need to build off of that and try again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  15. Kami-Nashi

Kami-Nashi New Member

Yep, I was correct. It was that I didn't properly have the values in DNS Settings & my DNS Template set up. Now, I can go struggle with trying to make it automagically approving the account and creating the resources.

:D Thanks guys!

16. Entangled

Entangled Member

Hello.

Excuse me if this has been answered, how do I get / add existing ISPConfig Users into WHMCS?

I have Clients in WHMCS and in ISPConfig, and I would like to get the connection working. So when a Client logs into their WHMCS account, the Login link to their ISPConfig account will work.

Thank you.

17. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you have the latest version of ispcfg script and followed all the instructions on the ispcfg wiki (https://github.com/cwispy/ispcfg3/wiki) for setup then when you go to your customer in WHMCS you will see the login link in the service and it should automatically take you into the control panel and log into as the user you have defined.

18. Entangled

Entangled Member

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what release of ispcfg script I have running, but, the "Login to Controlpanel" link is there. However, the link does not log me into ISPConfig, it only takes me to the ISPConfig login screen.

19. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Toward the bottom inside ispcfg_Clientarea is a javascript code that had to be changed for it to work in 3.1
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $("#frmIspconfigLogin").submit(function(){
    $.ajax({
    type: "POST",
    url: "'.$server_url.'/login/index.php",
    data: "s_mod=login&s_pg=index&username='.$params['username'].'&password='.$params['password'].'",
    xhrFields: {withCredentials: true}
    });
    });
    </script>';

20. Entangled

Entangled Member

Thanks for the info. I'll install a fresh copy of the ispcfg tonight.