ISPConfig 3 Server Module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Germanius, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Germanius

Germanius Member

Yes, please contact me by mail (see pm).

2. Germanius

Germanius Member

Please check again, if you replaced the remoting.inc.php. Open the file on your server and have a look if you can find the class server_get_serverid_by_hostname
    If you update ISPC you have to replace it again.

3. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

Similar problem with module and some questions...

Hello,
    I bought this module yesterday.
    I can confirm i was also getting SOAP Error: Function 'server_get_serverid_by_hostname' doesn't exist. Then i allowed all of rights for remote user. Now i'm getting error message "SOAP Error: looks like we got no XML document, when trying actvate order and create page automatically"
    remoting.inc.php and remoting.inc.php are in correct places

In ISPconfig then
    - user is created, password is set and details are filled
    - domain is added into domain module, DNS record is created correctly
    - site is created, but PHP Mode and Global Client PHP Options and Auto Subdomain are not set properly.
    - it seems that this is the place where module crashes, as Email domain is not created

I'm using Using ISPConfig 3.0.5.2 in multiserver setup
    1. ISPConfig webinterface, DNS server
    2. Webserver
    3. Mailserver
    4. DB server

Which leads me to the question:
    In Servers setup. Do i have to include all the servers in server group, or just server 1. where is runnign ISPConfig API?

One more question:
    Do i have to worry about "It is very important that all websites, which don’t need a special IP (e.g. for SSL,..), are created with the *"?
    Server1 has 2x IP: for ISPConfig interface running on port 443 and second one for DNS server
    All other server have own IP.
    So ISPconfig is definitelly runing on different IP than ISPC API...

And one bonus question:
    IN DNS settings are values: Syntax: NS1,NS2,EMailname,Templateid
    What "EMailname" value is for? Email for Hostmaster is allready in DNS template.

And another one .o)
    Is it possible, to create DNS zones for all domains registered in WHMS, even if those doesn't have webhosting? Or better add all of those domains into domain module in ISPC? (Logical condition is, that user account and DNS zone in ISPC has to be created only if domain have default nameservers same as webhosting, but i'm not sure if there is such variable in WHMCS)

Thank you in advance for answers

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  4. BenM

BenM Member

Selection server in clientprofile - product/services no effect

Hi,

Do you have any idea when you release the next version with a solution for the selection of the server?

Case open - november 2013 direct mail

Thanks.

5. toyinal

toyinal Member

Soap Error: Login Failed Username or Password Wrong

I'm having this error setting up the WHMCS ISPConfig server module version 1.1 with ISPCONFIG 3 ver 3.0.5.3. I'm getting SOAP Error: The login failed. Username or password wrong, when I mark an Invoice as paid, I'm suspecting that the error is from the WHMCS ISPConfig server Module.

Please Help !!

6. radim_h

It should be fine if Germanius react after 14 days. His module is obiously not workign correctly...

7. Germanius

Germanius Member

You have to add all servers in the group, except for example mirrors. Did you do this?

It doesnt matter which IPs the servers have, it is just necessary that all the websites are created with a *.

The value for Emailname in the DNS template is for this placeholder in the predefined template: mbox={EMAIL}.

To place all domains in ISPC is not possible at the moment, because if you order a domain in WHMCS there is no relationship between the domain and the webspace client. Maybe some clients have more than one account in ISPC, then it is not possible to know to which account the domain should be added. Please tell me if you have any ideas.

Please contact me by mail if you have any further questions, because I only have sometimes a look here.

8. Germanius

Germanius Member

I can not see the sense of this. The client is created by server groups. You can create groups with servers as you want. Changing the clients server after this is not possible. But this is not possible in ISPC, too. So please tell me if I missunderstood you or what do you want to reach with it.

9. Germanius

Germanius Member

You already got an answer by mail.

10. BenM

BenM Member

I have sent a mail sent in November with explanation. These have answered that it would be. Fixed in a future version Strange that you do not know.

Anyway, I'll try again to explain.

In whmcs you can create a server group to which multiple servers are part. The whmcs system would make a distribution over the available servers. Yourself

So it is no other product choice, but a choice from the available servers within a group. This does not work for me and manual changes have no effect.

How else can you deploy multiple servers for one product?

I hope I'm clear?

Vgr Ben

11. Germanius

Germanius Member

Okay, I had a look at your mail again. I answered you there.

12. BenM

BenM Member

I have not received a reply on a solution

2 weeks ago I sent an email with the statement of the problem. Still no response on a solution. Can you inform me about the solution and the time it takes?

:confused:

13. Germanius

Germanius Member

You have got mail.

14. BenM

BenM Member

Hello,

I did not expect this. Now you are bound to one system for all the servers. We have great experience with separate ispconfig on all servers. We use the domain name to link to the control panel. Example http://domain.tld:8080

Is this what you could adjust?

I do not understand your answer / solution. can you give an example of how it should work?

15. Germanius

Germanius Member

You have got mail.

16. AVG

AVG Member

ISPConfig test module

Want to buy this perfect module, but i would like to test it.
    Tell me please, is it possilble?

17. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Can it provision the Open XChange through this module?

18. MasteRTriX

MasteRTriX Member

Is there a way to test this module before buying?

19. radim_h

I'' be happy if ispcomm can post results i didnt get the module working on multiserver environment :|

20. nokia80

nokia80 Member

hi

i have this error again server_get_serverid_by_hostname' doesn't exist

pleace can you help?

thanks