ISPConfig Admin Panel in a subdir

Discussion in 'General' started by XenoBIT78, Jun 20, 2024.

1. XenoBIT78

XenoBIT78 New Member

Hi :)
    I'm new to ISPConfig and i can't seem to find a howto/guide to how i can make the admin panel accessible through a subdir.. i found out how to put it on a subdomain but since other tools like /phpmyadmin, /webmail, /stats is in subdirs i thought i would be better to have the panel in a subdir too.. but i can't seem to find any guide to how i would go about it..

I'm looking for a solution so every client can have access to the panel through a subdir in their site and persistent through update etc..

Or would it be better to move alle the other tools to subdomains too??

Any help or nudge in the right direction is deeply appreciated :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The only way to do that would be to create a proxy in each website by modifying the default vhost template and use that proxy to load the ISPConfig GUI. But in general. In my opinion, it's a bad idea to make services available in a subdir of hosted client websites as you will always have directory name collisions and, therefore, clients complaining that their site or parts of their site are not working.

A better approach is using a central subdomain for a service (not subdomains of customer domains). e.g. webmail.providerdomain.tld for webmail and panel.providerdomain.tld for the ISPConfig GUI, if you do not want to use the default approach which is to use a port for the panel.

3. XenoBIT78

XenoBIT78 New Member

Yeah.. that makes sense :) any howoto you can point me to, to achieve this.. i'm new at this so trying to learn :)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You got the blueprint for that basically in the other thread you posted today:

https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/remove-port-number-from-ispc-admin-url.81199/

Create a new website in ispconfig, enter panel.yourcompany.tld in the domain field and then use the proxy code snippet from that other thread to prxy the traffic to ISPConfig GUI.

And when it comes to webmail and phpmyadmin, I would just create a new website for webmail.yourcompany.tld and phpmyadmin.yourcompany.tld and then install phpmyadmin and a webmail client of your choice into the web dir of the matching website.

5. XenoBIT78

XenoBIT78 New Member

thanks a lot
    got it working :)