ISPConfig after installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CoDonCo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. xianusa

xianusa New Member

cant access ftp://ftp.codonco.info

:(
    Hi all,

ftp to ftp://ftp.codonco.info asking for uid and pwd, what is user ID and password
    anonymous is not working. I need this doc very bad

Thanks a mil

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The username and password you entered as you created the (admin) user for the websites.

Usernames normally have the form web[ID]_* in ISPConfig.

3. krishol

krishol New Member

till,
    which site u r talking about, well i have ftp un and pw for my site (www.krishol.com.np) which is hosted on my server using ISPConfig, i tired it's ftp un and pw but it doesn't work.

how to log on ftp://ftp.codonco.info

Thank you

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must ask CoDonCo; it seems he has password-protected his FTP server now.

5. krishol

krishol New Member

6. xianusa

xianusa New Member

I also need UID and PWD for CoDonCo doc

Hi CoDonCo,

Could you also please let me have UID and Password, so I can get the document
    my email is xianusa AT yahoo.com. or just email the doc if you can!

thanks
    xian

7. madlew

madlew New Member

Can I have the details too pls

8. xianusa

xianusa New Member

Have you seen CoDonCo

:rolleyes:
    Hi CoDonCo,
    I think you forgot to share the knowledge. We have been asking you for your masterpiece (configuration after installation DOC)
    And you are not responding. If you don’t like to share, just say it and you have all the rights (you created it). But all we are asking is just drop a line and communicate.

9. visedan

visedan New Member

Yes, I await for the login info

I'm trying to configure ISPConfig on a single server with a single IP address but want to create up to 50 accounts for my students. My goal is to teach them the ins and outs of creating a website for a business and wish to create a true to life experience for them. I've got ISP successfully installed on my home server with one high band IP connections from my ISP. I'm a total newbie at configuring this system and would like a "how-to" for configuring this type of server if possible. I tried to work through the documentation but I'm unfamiliar with DNS, etc. Hopefully this documentation will become available soon. Otherwise, could someone suggest where I can find this kind of "how-to"?

I would also like to congratulate the developers on what looks like a terrific Open Source Project!

10. falko

11. akaiser

akaiser New Member

I'm a newbie and trying to configure following scenario with IspConfig:

server with ns1 and ns2 on that same server (with 3+ IPS)

... anyone knows if the documentation of codonco explains how to set up this scenario and where I could get this doc (because the ftp seems to be passworded).

12. falko

In fact you run only one DNS server (BIND), but have to A records for it: ns1 and ns2. At your domain registrar you specify ns1 and ns2 as the authoritative name servers for your domain(s) (after you have created a record for your domain(s) on your DNS server). That's it.
    However, it is possible that some registrars will refuse to accept ns1 and ns2 if they find out that they point to one and the same server. But that depends on your registrar.

13. fuzzyhost

fuzzyhost New Member

In French

I'll traduce them in french if I can get it... Your FTP is anonymous or not? I try to connect via ws_FTP (under XP! Beurk) and that doesn't work in anonymous.

14. vlade

vlade New Member

Confused about DNS...

If I uderstand this right:

1. I bought domain noob.com
    2. my registrar enters in their dns ns1.noob.com for my static IP

Now how do i configure ISPConfig so i can have page1.noob.com and mail.noob.com
    Is this done in ISPConfig or should my registrar do it ?

tnx,

Vlade

15. falko

You tell your registrar that ns1.noob.com and ns2.noob.com are the authoritative name servers for noob.com. But you will need a glue record in this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dns#Circular_dependencies_and_glue_records

Yes, if your ISPConfig server is the authoritative name server for your domain. Take a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_dns_godaddy

Of course you don't need to run your own name servers, instead you could let your registrar handle all this. In that case you don't need ISPConfig's DNS Manager.

16. TexasTaz

TexasTaz New Member

Re: After Install Doc

Hello,

Well did this ever happen? If not I need some help I can't find anywhere in the Docs how to Change the Euro to US Dollars.

Thanks,

17. falko

18. Dekalb

Dekalb New Member

Step by step " ISPConfig after installation " NOT at: ftp://ftp.codonco.info

"ISPConfig after installation" NOT at: ftp://ftp.codonco.info

Where is it?

19. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What has this to do with the above thread? Please check if the name resolution of your domain works.

20. kassie

kassie New Member