ispconfig and gentoo

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pfm.smits, Oct 12, 2005.

1. pfm.smits

pfm.smits New Member

Has anyone experience with getting ispconfig to run on gentoo?

I have only gentoo in my environment. And would like to try out/use ispconfig.

Regards,

Pierre

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To get ISPConfig installed on a linux distribution that is not yet supported (like gentoo), you will have to extend the installer.

1) Add a part that recognizes gentoo in the setup1 script (it contains a section for each linux distro).
    2) Add a section to the dist.txt file with the default valuaes and locations for gentoo.
    3) Add lines for gentoo in all the files in the mod directory.

3. ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee New Member

If done ... where to send the changes to?

Hi, if I will make a clean install, where shall I send the made changes to?
    I think it would make no sense including them not in the original packages.

Greetz, Zyan K Lee

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

For which distribution did you make the changes?

Send them to dev [at] ispconfig [dot] org.

5. ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee New Member

made some changes for gentoo
    but they are not yet tested. and i think there are some version-numbers behind gentoo missing (as it was for debian: debian31) these are things I have to evaluate later this day.

but when I finished bugfixing and testing I'll send it to dev

6. apakuni

apakuni New Member

ANyone finish this up for Gentoo?

7. ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee New Member

I would really like to, but the server I had for testing it out, had to go online again, so I did it with SuSe :(

But if anyone has a spare server for me I could make it.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you thought about using qemu or vmware (also available as 30 day trial). Its nice for testing linux installations on your workstation.

9. ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee New Member

I tried it with a local trial-server but had problems with domains and such things ...
    and the other one is: I like to create a system that is a product and won't be deleted afterwards ;-)
    But if noone has one for me, I'll do with qemu. but probably not in the next two weeks (to much work to do)

10. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

perfect-setup gentoo

Hello with all

To when an installation of gentoo for ISPconfig, I will do it, by taking account of the install of debian sarge by default, because with our friend gentoo, that I like, (I do not say that debian, I do not like, quite to the contrary), but, I will make this test on gentoo, because the system of backup, is 10 times less complex than that of debian, in all which I y work has.

Then, if I find, I would give Hootows of the installation of gentoo, I promise it to you with, a test of server in premium.

Yours sincerely
    MM :) ;)