ispconfig and php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Taxi, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Taxi

Taxi Member

Hello together,
    I have problems with php in a subdomain.
    I created the subdomain as vhost. I placed a phpinfo.php file in the web folder which is: clients/client1/web9/nextcloud When I try to access it it doesn't show, but the error:
    "Service unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    "
    The default index.html located in the same folder as the phpinfo.php file, shows correctly under the cloud.domain1.de
    When I'm calling domain1.de/phpinfo.php it shows correctly. The settings in all Tabs of the Site Configuration are the same for both, the domain1.de and subdomain.domain1.de.

I think it's an php issue. Because I have another php problem with another Site/Domain. Here I want to set up a typo3 site. When I'm calling: domain2.de, which calls the index.php file, the following error appears in the browser: "No input file specified."
    The domain2.de/phpinfo.php shows correctly, also with this domain.

I found that in the apache2/sites-available/domainx.de.vhost there are entries like: /var/lib/php7.3-fpm/web17.sock.
    But I don't have any php7.3 installed, only php7.4.
    I changed the entries to php74-fpm with the hope, that the web17.sock is created, but this isn't the case.
    /var/lib/php74-fpm is empty. No web.sock is created.
    Why is in the apache2/sites/available/domain.vhost files still php7.3-fpm?
    Then I thought that if I'm creating a new site i.e. domain wich results in a new apache2/sites-available/domain-new.vhost entry, this one will be correct. But even in this one is php7.3-fpm mentioned.
    Does ispconfig not work with php7.4?
    How can I fix this?
    Kind regards and many thanks
    Christian

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which OS (and version) are you running?
    Which PHP version is selected for this web? Do you have the correct paths set for that version?

3. Taxi

Taxi Member

Hello Thom,
    many thanks for your quick reply.
    I'm running ispconfig 3.2.1 on a Debian 10 with php7.4. It is the only version installed. Why ispconfig is still relating to php7.3 I don't understand.
    Php is working properly because ispconfig is running and I get the phpinfo site displayed.
    Did you mean turing php-fpm off and on again? Yes, I just stopped the service and started it again. No change.

4. Th0m

You should always use the default PHP version for your OS, and if you followed the perfect server guide, you would have PHP 7.3: https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-...onfig-3-1/#-install-apache-web-server-and-php
    You should install it and use that as default for the CLI. Then eventually change the paths under System Config -> server1.example.com -> Web -> PHP settings so the option "Default" in ISPConfig uses the paths of PHP 7.4.

5. Taxi

Taxi Member

PHP 7.4 is the default version for Debian Buster. I can try to downgrade to php 7.3.
    I changed the path as you mentioned to php7.4. Now I get the following in the error.log of the domain:
    [Mon Nov 30 16:42:29.418162 2020] [proxy:error] [pid 2031304] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/lib/php7.4-fpm/web17.sock (*) failed
    [Mon Nov 30 16:42:29.418263 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2031304] [client 31.10.152.196:47526] AH01079: failed to make connection to backend: httpd-UDS

I restarted php7.4-fpm and apache. But the socket file is not created.

6. Th0m

Try doing a resync of your websites under Tools -> Resync

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ahrasis likes this.
  8. Taxi

Taxi Member

Yes, you're right. It was my mistake. I'm not running Buster, but Bullseye/Testing. And there it is. Ther is no installation candidate for Bullseye, when I do an apt install php7.3.

9. Taxi

Taxi Member

It's working now. My nextcloud site under cloud.domain.de is running. Now I just have to check why the typo3 site under domain2.de is not.
    Many thank for helping me!