ispconfig and phpbb

Discussion in 'General' started by rustyteck, Apr 11, 2006.

1. rustyteck

rustyteck New Member

ok installed and thanks to till running smoothly! my first real glitch is my installed phpbb which now resides in my web dir with my other files wont allow access. im guessing its not a php error as phpmyadmin works fine.
    the error in the web log file is as follows:

[alert] [client 192.168.0.100 /srv/www/pages/web8/web/board/.htaccess: php_value not allowed here

my .htaccess from inside the board directory contains :
    php_value upload_max_filesize 999M

what have i missed? :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This error is not directly PHP related, its a apache setting. The error means that setting php values in .htaccess files is not allowed, which is generally a good idea for security reasons.

Try to remove the line "php_value upload_max_filesize 999M" from your .htaccess file and put it in the apache directives window in the website settings in ISPConfig.

3. rustyteck

rustyteck New Member

worked!

worked like a charm! :) my users websites are moved and weoking great! ive been able to change their urls with some dns entries from the ~username to username.domain.com but is there an easy way to have it linked? ie i have tried making a symlink from www.domain.com/~username to username.domain.com but it gives me the file not found error.... im thinking it may be due to my having the userdir in apache config? any ideas?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff