ISPConfig Apache Processes, Speedup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by iceget, May 20, 2014.

1. iceget

iceget Member

dear Team,

now i have a great Website on my ispconfig Servers.

one Server is a SQL Server, the other one is a webserver.
    both Servers are connected via 1000mbit link for communication.

now it seems Apache is highloaded..

what i can do for a better Performance? any ideas?

how good is load balanced clustering? any idea or tutorial how i can do that?

its the same Website, this Website doesnt runs without mysql, why my mysql Server is about 10% load, and my webserver about 70-80%?

why so much Apache processes running?

okay this Website is a great Project (daily about 100 members more)...

can anybody help me?

many greets
    thanks

iceget

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess that apache is waiting for the responses of the mysql server. Before switching to a loadbalanced setup, I would consider to setup a webserver with nginx instead of apache and use ssd harddisks if possible. Separating mysql and webserver has pro's and cons, while a separate mysql server allows you t offload some load, the response times rise and the bandwidth is always lower then a local connection over sockets.

3. iceget

iceget Member

hello till,

thanks for your answer.

okay i will try this with nginx.

but my mainproblem is; last post i have write this post, 5000 users per day are online on this Website. today about 7000.

this Website are greater and greater. you mean only to Change nginx for the next months is perfect? i think we Need a loadbalanced Cluster..

what you mean? is that possible with ispconfig, or not?

currently i have 2 root Server internal connected with Gigabit (webserver + mysql splitted). the traffic for mysql goes over this 1gb Network Card.

what i shall do? the last Project (hosted on a cloud Provider with Auto LB) has about 40.000 users each day...

i think this webproject are reaching this too.. what is better? do you have a tutorial with ispconfig for me (Cluster / loadbalancing)?

i think so; 4 huge Servers with one LoadBalancer (Software) and internal Networking with gigabit, is enough for the next months...

thanks!

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can do a load balanced cluster with ispconfig, but I dont have a ready made guide for this. The part of ispconfig is to provide the configuration of apache / nginx and to sync the config between the servers. Then you need a shared storage for the /var/www directory and you need a mysql replication for the database of the website or a dedicated mysql server that is used by all nodes. The last part is a loadbalancing software that has to be installed in front of the cluster.

5. iceget

iceget Member

thanks till.

what you can recommend me for loadbalancer Software?

ispconfig creates the config on all ispconfig Servers? which install must choose if i want use 3 webservers an 3 db Servers?

thanks

6. Kubek

Kubek New Member

What is your hardware and software configuration? It seems like you could squeeze a lot more from your machine. Instead of apache try to use nginx and php-fpm(in case you are using PHP). Nginx also has loadbalancing module. But I would first try to tune things little more for more performance. Also you can do some caching. Varnish for example is very easy to set up and can offload your server. Whats your project? Are data changed often?