ISPCONFIG backups

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Tomislav Aurednik, Feb 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. No end to problems :-(
    NAS share was mounted to /var/backup, but unfortunately NAS crashed few days ago. So at least until new NAS arrives I connected external HDD to my computer, created share and mounted it to /var/backup

But...
    - ispconfig still claims it has existing backups, unable to delete/restore/download
    - it refuses to make new backups as configured

How do I purge old this obsolete information and convince ispconfig to start making backups again ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Old backups get removed automatically on next backup run. If backups don't work anymore, then there is probably a different issue not caused by the old backups.

3. Maybe I was not clear enough. There are no old backups due to NAS corruption, they only appear in ispconfig Web domain -> Backup.
    I cannot delete it from list, and backup job is not working at all for last few days (I have backups that I make using my own scrypts, but I still prefer to do iz through ispconfig).
    This is in table sys_cron

4. Sorry, clicked on reply too fast...

Attached Files:

• cron.jpg
      cron.jpg
      File size:
      233.7 KB
      Views:
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The old backups in the list should be removed by ispconfig automatically on next backup or at least step by step when new ones get created.

Try to debug the backup cron like this:

cd /usr/local/ispconfig/server
    php cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php

6. This script is working. Created webX folders and tar.gz inside. I will let it finish, then let's wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the info