ispconfig built-in backup not backing up db.

Discussion in 'General' started by blackfox123, Jun 27, 2017.

1. blackfox123

blackfox123 Member

Hey all,

For a site, I can see website backup archives done on a daily basis, but it seems the mysql db backup files stopped generating last week.. how do i debug this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you change the MySQL root password? If yes, change it in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mysql_clientdb.conf as well.

3. blackfox123

blackfox123 Member

ls: cannot access /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mysql_clientdb.conf: No such file or directory

this is on the db server or webserver it should backup from ?

4. blackfox123

blackfox123 Member

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf it is - but this is the correct pass

5. till

ah yes, sorry. wrong path. Ok, so this is correct then. In the database settings in ispconfig, is there a website seletced to which the database belongs to?

6. blackfox123

blackfox123 Member

Yeah, i can see the db is "bound" to a website. I just pressed save again to be sure.. is there anyway of "forcing" the backup to run? else all what i see is correct -

7. till

8. blackfox123

blackfox123 Member

OK so having tried that, php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php i can see :

root@dba01-sysp:/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d # php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php
    finished.

The response is immediate - it doesnt really go much aside from output that..

EDIT: Sorry this is running OK on the webserver.. but still does not create the SQL backup dump only the webfiles.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  9. Dhraax

Dhraax New Member

Hello, same issue here, i run:

php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php

Does not show anything just "finished." but, in the backup list on user panel i just see

10-07-2017 19:31 web web2312_2017-07-10_16-30.tar.gz
    But not the db files.

How can i debug this? Seems to work for some older clients but not for this one that was not updated, but instead installed the 1.3.3 directly.

10. renaudmanda

renaudmanda New Member

same story here.... I've website backup inside /var/backup but now db backup. Run the cron in debug mode but I've no more info in the log file.
    Password are OK and a manual mysqldump work.
    here my version of MariaDB:
    Code:
    mysqld  Ver 10.1.26-MariaDB-1~xenial for debian-linux-gnu on x86_64 (mariadb.org binary distribution)